Can't move CITO start a few thousand feet, why?

DragonsWest

I've been trying, without success to contact the reviewer who published one of my upcoming CITOs.

Why is there a limitation on moving a CITO? I see people moving these traveling caches all over the place, but try to move an event and you get some message about going too far and needing to invoke the reviewer.

I think the reviewer is on vacation and has not responded. What else can I do?

Event: GC66NQN

Desired new coordinates: N 37° 25.990 W 122° 05.260

I've been trying, without success to contact the reviewer who published one of my upcoming CITOs.

Why is there a limitation on moving a CITO? I see people moving these traveling caches all over the place, but try to move an event and you get some message about going too far and needing to invoke the reviewer.

Event: GC66NQN

Desired new coordinates: N 37° 25.990 W 122° 05.260

You can't perform an "Update Coordinates" on any cache type if the move will be more than 0.1 mile/528 feet/161 metres. There's nothing special about the event types. I suspect those haven't been exempted from the restriction to prevent things like event stacking (ie. nudging an event close to another on the same day) or COs doing an end-around on the reviewer to get past a local policy restriction. I'm not sure, but I think the owners of the few remaining moving caches have been granted special access to update the coordinates without restriction. Those are a special case.

A few thousand feet is quite a distance. For such a large change, I would expect a reviewer would want to re-review the listing in its new location, so it seems acceptable to me that a reviewer would be required to make the change.

Are there any other reviewers in your region? It looks like you're in the Bay Area, and I have to assume there are multiple reviewers in that area. I would just try contacting one of those and let them know that you've already tried and failed to contact the publishing reviewer.

How long ago did you email him?

There are no less than FOUR reviewers in Northern California, so it's not like you didn't have someone else to contact.

At any rate, I took care of it for you. You probably need to update the description now.

How long ago did you email him?

There are no less than FOUR reviewers in Northern California, so it's not like you didn't have someone else to contact.

At any rate, I took care of it for you. You probably need to update the description now.

Thanks Hemlock!

Got the email from the OP on the 18th. Totally spaced out with all the other Holiday preparations going on. My bad. Repeat emails might have been more effective than the Forum, but hey, whatever works.

Good luck with the CITO!