Etrex Touch Webupdater 2.90 Buggy

Bertrum

Did the update to this tonight and when doing a filtered search of geocaches it crashes every time I click on a searched cache - tried with different caches and it crashes every time.

Did a factory reset to no avail. Luckily I saved 2.80 and that doesn't have the issue.

Anyone else updated to this recently ? Can they try a search and then click on a searched cache ?

It was a sad day for me. I returned my Touch 25 to REI after five months of frustration with numerous software glitches. I really wanted to like this unit. It was accurate, light, easy to use, and had a great touch screen (sometimes). But after several updates, Garmin has yet to fix several problems. Never got CHIRP to work, the touch screen intermittantly became insensitive, and going from map mode to geocaching menu froze up the machine. These things happened to both units I got from REI, so I'm pretty sure it's a software problem. And yes, I reported these issues to Garmin. I never used the filter menu, so I don't know if that was a problem on my machine too. Perhaps I'll come back to it in a year or so, but for now it's time to go back to a more mature system, the Dakota 20.

Bertrum, I just sent you a message about getting v2.8.0. Unfortunately, I didn't save the old file before upgrading.

I contacted Garmin support about this issue but they were completely unhelpful. Said my files must be corrupted and they couldn't duplicate it. They also couldn't provide me with a link to the older firmware.

I just bought this unit off Amazon to replace an old eTrex Vista HCx where the joystick was going bad. I like the touchscreen but I'm wondering if I'd be better off heading back to a more stable model like the 30x.

Did the update to this tonight and when doing a filtered search of geocaches it crashes every time I click on a searched cache - tried with different caches and it crashes every time.

Did a factory reset to no avail. Luckily I saved 2.80 and that doesn't have the issue.

Anyone else updated to this recently ? Can they try a search and then click on a searched cache ?

I just got a new touch 35t for Christmas, and I'm having the same issue. I first noticed it when using the "spell search" function.

Selecting anything from the returned list will crash it every time. After further attempted use, I've also noticed it will crash intermittently when selecting anything from any kind of list. When this occurs, the only way to recover it is to pull the battery. Also it will sometimes hang when the screen is locked; that is to say, I can't unlock it, but I can power down with the power switch in that situation.

This unit shipped with v2.8 but Garmin communicator updated it while I wasn't looking, and without my consent!

I notified Garmin on 12/26, but haven't heard anything back yet.

I just got a new touch 35t for Christmas, and I'm having the same issue. I first noticed it when using the "spell search" function.

Selecting anything from the returned list will crash it every time. After further attempted use, I've also noticed it will crash intermittently when selecting anything from any kind of list. When this occurs, the only way to recover it is to pull the battery. Also it will sometimes hang when the screen is locked; that is to say, I can't unlock it, but I can power down with the power switch in that situation.

This unit shipped with v2.8 but Garmin communicator updated it while I wasn't looking, and without my consent!

I notified Garmin on 12/26, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Just messaged you :D