Looking to adopt caches in the NE of England.

hazzy6000

Hi There

I have been geocaching for years with my auntie and I recently got my own account and I have began to find and hide geocaches.

However, I was wondering if there was anyone in the North East of England who would be willing to let me adopt a cache, as I cant really find places to hide caches that haven't already been taken by another cache in the area.

Preferably looking for caches as near to "N54° 56.593, W001° 32.433 (co-ords for one of my caches)" as possible, but I'm willing to adopt within quite a large radius.

Thanks

- hazzy6000

You might do better to contact specific cache owners directly. Those who are likely done with geocaching (and therefore willing to give up their caches) are probably not coming to this forum. Look for owners who haven't logged in for at least a year and email them. Maybe they'd be happy to hand the burden of cache ownership over to you and were only keeping their caches alive for others. Or they may have forgotten about their caches completely. You could also look for "needs maintenance" caches that haven't been touched in months.

You probably ought to be prepared for a few "F off" responses, as well. ;)

Hi there, im moving away from the north east so won't be able to maintain my caches. Id be happy to transfer them to you? All based in peterlee, drop me a reply or message of interested

Hi goan02

Please look at the response that I posted on your forum thread about these caches

Thanks