Travel Bug Scam?

Team Mikrochipz

I noticed that twice in the last couple of months that my travel bugs, which have not logged any activity in years, have ALL been found by the same people in one day. Not possible as at least two of them are for sure gone.

So is this some new way to cheat? Look for "lost" bugs and log them as a find??

Edited by Team Mikrochipz

I would use the new lock feature now available to owners.

I had a fake log of nrohcs as well, but on a trackable that isn't missing. Locking it would mean that the cacher who has it in his now wouldn't be able to drop it and the next one wouldn't be able to retrieve it then. So locking is no solution for active trackables.

Wish we could lock cachers who log trackables they haven't seen...

I would use the new lock feature now available to owners.

I had a fake log of nrohcs as well, but on a trackable that isn't missing. Locking it would mean that the cacher who has it in his now wouldn't be able to drop it and the next one wouldn't be able to retrieve it then. So locking is no solution for active trackables.

Wish we could lock cachers who log trackables they haven't seen...

My suggestion was to the OP and their missing trackables.

Well this explains the mysterious log I got recently...on A TB that' went missing in 2008! Same person...nrohcs in Germany.

"nachlog! danke fürs zeigen!

wo gesehen kann leider nicht mehr genau eruiert werden"

"After log! Thanks for the show!

where seen can unfortunately no longer accurately be determined"

<removed by moderator>

I don't know how they got the tracking no. since it was never displayed publicly. Randomized?

It got my hopes up for a second...the TB honored my Rainbow geodog.

Edited by Eartha
Removed remark.

This happened to a couple of my Travel Bugs as well. Same sentence in German (nachlog! danke... etc.). Are my Travel Bugs really lost?

I haven't been a regular GeoCacher (hoping to get back into it soon), so I don't really understand the reasoning behind this "scam". What would this person gain from going through all the effort to send these messages?

Thanks,

SHF