Man In The Wild hits #300

mikedx

Thank you Mike!

I love all the coments we get from you and others at our 4th of July cache about how good our coordinates are. We took those coordinates the same way we did when placing Land of the Lost. I took coords for the car the same way that day, then for the cache. When finsihed with the cache, I took a look at the car coords and saw they were probably .5 miles off! I took one more normal waypoint with my etrex and used that for the cache coords for LotL, and just hoped the coords for 4th were a lot better! I still haven't figured out what happened with the coords for LotL, but it sure made for a long trip out for us!

I just saw the Yellow Jeep page again (a newbie just logged it,) and now I'm wondering when someone will list a Black Stratus locationless cache for us. [icon_wink.gif]

BTW, we're still trying to figure out how to catch you for finds in WV... now that's a challenge (I guess we could move to the Elkins area.)

Thanks again,

Tony

Sounds like fun, moose_is_loose--as long as we can avoid those NJ parking tickets. I've spent about two hours in NJ in my life and I have a $71 parking ticket for my visit. I didn't realize I was parked in a park after hours--it looked like a residential area to me (although I'm sure there was a sign I missed reading.) If I get a parking ticket here, they're usually $5, so that was quite a shock to me!

We did enjoy the caches we found there, and would love to find more in the future.

quote:
Originally posted by Man In The Wild & family:

...BTW, we're still trying to figure out how to catch you for finds in WV... now that's a challenge (I guess we could move to the Elkins area.)

Thanks again,

Tony

Just watch me and I'll show you how. icon_smile.gif

Congrats on #300

If you get lost while geocaching, don't worry. Someone else will get lost while geocaching and find you. icon_wink.gif

Trust me, WVDan, I've been watching you! Your caching in WV is very impressive. You're giving MikeDX some serious competition, and we'll have to watch out when you run out of WV caches!

BTW, I love your avitar--I almost used a similar magnet for my travel bug before finding the bear I used instead. BTW, if anyone finds another bear just like it, I need a replacement or two!

quote:
Originally posted by mickey225:

icon_cool.gif Way to go!!!!

Mickey225...converting people to geocaching one GPS at a time!

Thank you, Mickey255, and congratulations to you as well for getting your 200th recently!

Just so you know--we don't always dive right for the poison ivy and thorns, but the ivy and mosquitos sure got us over the weekend in the Cincinnati area! So we're not completely immune to the stuff... Hope to meet you again sometime soon, and hope you have your own GPS so you don't have to follow me! [icon_smile.gif]

CONGRATS to MITW, MITWF, QF, MC, & CH...the "first" family of geocaching!! icon_wink.gif I always look forward to your caches because I know they're original, interesting, and fun.

"Joy in looking and comprehending

is nature's most beautiful gift."

-Albert Einstein

300? Wonder how many were up hill?

Truth be known, I think Comet Horse and Miss Cheetah deserve some credit. When MITW first started (perhaps the first cache??) it was they who were the driving force behind the climb.

Was it worth it? I think so? 300 caches later they are still going. Thanks MITW for finding my caches when nobody else was around. I can remember checking my email every night hoping someone found or hid a cache in WV. MITW a true pioneer. Hats off to you and yours.

---

-----CP

quote:
Originally posted by cache-potato:

300? Wonder how many were up hill?

---

-----CP

How many of yours did we find? Ok, so maybe we found some hills to climb at caches other than yours. icon_smile.gif (We just did a little climbing in PA, but nowhere near what we'd climb for your caches.)

Yes, the kids & Queenfish definately deserve credit. Miss Cheetah for keeping me going at Johnnie's Cache (yes, our first find,) and Queenfish probably wants to hunt the caches even more than I do!

Speaking of hills... I'm sure we'll be there for the Hatfield's View fix up, but from the logs of that cache, I have no idea how far I'll go towards the cache.

Thanks also to njski and GeoWhiz. GeoWhiz--we'll be putting out a few more caches soon. Hopefully you'll enjoy them as much as the others!