Temporarily bypass the co-ordinates section when creating a new cache listing

obax

Maybe there's a way to do this already, I'm not sure (if there is, I can't figure it out), but I would love it if we were able to temporarily bypass the co-ordinates section when creating a new cache. Obviously, the cache would not be able to be submitted for publishing without including the co-ordinates, but for me, at least, I often have an idea for a cache, how to hide it, what to call it, and how I want to write it up, and maybe even a general idea of where I'd like to hide it. I'd love to be able to have everything prepared as far as the cache description and write-up goes, then go to the area I'm thinking of and find an exact spot/co-ordinates. Then all I'd have to do is insert the co-ordinates and it's good to go.

Maybe my brain work's differently than others', but doing things in this order makes sense to me, and I'd love if doing it this way was an option.

Maybe there's a way to do this already, I'm not sure (if there is, I can't figure it out), but I would love it if we were able to temporarily bypass the co-ordinates section when creating a new cache. Obviously, the cache would not be able to be submitted for publishing without including the co-ordinates, but for me, at least, I often have an idea for a cache, how to hide it, what to call it, and how I want to write it up, and maybe even a general idea of where I'd like to hide it. I'd love to be able to have everything prepared as far as the cache description and write-up goes, then go to the area I'm thinking of and find an exact spot/co-ordinates. Then all I'd have to do is insert the co-ordinates and it's good to go.

Maybe my brain work's differently than others', but doing things in this order makes sense to me, and I'd love if doing it this way was an option.

Put in random co-ords. You can always change them when you know the final location.

Put in random co-ords. You can always change them when you know the final location.

Ok, now I feel dumb............... Thanks though, that solves all my problems!

I have an unpublished cache with posted coordinates out in the middle of the San Francisco bay. There aren't many caches out there, so it doesn't conflict with any existing caches, and it doesn't get in the way of the volunteer reviewers when they review new caches.

I have an unpublished cache with posted coordinates out in the middle of the San Francisco bay. There aren't many caches out there, so it doesn't conflict with any existing caches, and it doesn't get in the way of the volunteer reviewers when they review new caches.

You must be in the North bay. Last time i was down there there were at least a hundredvin the bay around San Mateo and Hayward

You must be in the North bay. Last time i was down there there were at least a hundredvin the bay around San Mateo and Hayward

Usually I write it all up in Word Then copy and paste it over when I'm ready.

Usually I write it all up in Word Then copy and paste it over when I'm ready.

And hopefully GS strips off all the extraneous markup that Word adds when you do that. Word is notorious for adding tons of html markup to text cut-n-pasted out of Word. On one of the applications I work on there is a "Job Title" form element. Someone copy-n-pasted a 20 character job title out of work and it created almost 1000 characters of text.

Checkout one of the many offline html editing applications available. They work well for formatting a cache page and markup the text with standard and a minimum amount of HTML *and*, if you choose it's easier to understand the html tags it's adding if you want to learn how to edit html manually.

And hopefully GS strips off all the extraneous markup that Word adds when you do that. Word is notorious for adding tons of html markup to text cut-n-pasted out of Word. On one of the applications I work on there is a "Job Title" form element. Someone copy-n-pasted a 20 character job title out of work and it created almost 1000 characters of text.

Checkout one of the many offline html editing applications available. They work well for formatting a cache page and markup the text with standard and a minimum amount of HTML *and*, if you choose it's easier to understand the html tags it's adding if you want to learn how to edit html manually.

Never found it to be a problem to be honest ... I copy and paste the plain text from word to the listing, then switch to html version to see the listing with the html code, edit anything I want then copy and paste it back to word for future reference with all the html visible for playing around with.

Certainly works for me.

Edited by Auld Pharrrt

Ok, now I feel dumb............... Thanks though, that solves all my problems!

If you're going to do this then give it co-ords in the middle of the ocean. If you give it co-ords inland and someone else comes to place a cache near your random co-ords they may be knocked back by the reviewer thinking you're intending to place one there.