Saw this and want one

ayrbrain

When out caching the other day. We noticed in a log that another cacher had rubber stamped a TB and it's number in the log, for others to discover.

I am wondering if they just had it made through a rubber stamp company or is it possible to buy a TB to use in this way. I have looked online but cannot see any for sale. I am in the UK

Thanks for any replies.

Sorry for askng.

If I was you I would just ignore the response above.

To answer your question I don't think you can buy TBs like this, so you buy a regular TB and having done so you can do more or less what you want with the tracking number so buy/make a rubber stamp with the tracking code on it and away you go. It's been done by many others, and anyone seeing the number can log it or ignore it as they please.

Kinda defeats the purpose of a Travel Bug. Why not just post the tracking number all over the internet for everyone to "discover"? That way it doesn't actually have to, you know, TRAVEL anywhere.

That's my opinion too. The "trackable song" and other tracking codes that are posted for anyone to virtually discover make no sense to me. You aren't discovering the trackable, you're just discovering a code.

If you really did want to do something like this, you'd just need to acquire a code (maybe you have a trackable tag lying around, or you could buy one) and take it to anyone who makes custom rubber stamps.

Edited by The A-Team

Kinda defeats the purpose of a Travel Bug. Why not just post the tracking number all over the internet for everyone to "discover"? That way it doesn't actually have to, you know, TRAVEL anywhere.

That's my opinion too. The "trackable song" and other tracking codes that are posted for anyone to virtually discover make no sense to me. You aren't discovering the trackable, you're just discovering a code.

If you really did want to do something like this, you'd just need to acquire a code (maybe you have a trackable tag lying around, or you could buy one) and take it to anyone who makes custom rubber stamps.

Mine as well. Not sure what the point would be to get logs from people who spotted a TB number in a cache, on a list, or posted on the internet. That being said, i suppose a person can do this with their own trackable if they want. I know quite a few people who have had stamps custom made so i'm surprised that the OP wasn't able to find one. I would think it'd be fairly easy to find a local or online company.

When out caching the other day. We noticed in a log that another cacher had rubber stamped a TB and it's number in the log, for others to discover.

I am wondering if they just had it made through a rubber stamp company or is it possible to buy a TB to use in this way. I have looked online but cannot see any for sale. I am in the UK

Thanks for any replies.

I see these stamps often in logs. I saw them offered here.

Getting a stamp for your log signature is easy...Office Depot/Staples/local office supply store should be able to get that made for you, or look at one of the many on-line stamp makers.

Logging a Discovered on a TB that you never saw because you got the code seems like logging a Virtual you never visited just because you know the answer.

A trackable stamp, if you want to go down that route then there is no reason not to. Most people only look through logbooks to find a blank space anyway. so it's not as if your going to get lots of discovered logs.

Please however don't get trackable/ signature stickers and stick them on a every container, they are a pain to remove I've had to throw away many a good container because they have been covered in such stickers.