Cache hints for GPSMAP 64s

Pi Even

I recently purchased the GPSMAP64s for paperless caching. I found how to get the cache description, which also shows prior logs. However, I do not see the hints.

How do I display the hints for caches on the GPSMAP 64s?

You have to be navigating to the cache in order to see the hint. While navigating, press Menu and you'll see the Hint option.

I recently purchased the GPSMAP64s for paperless caching. I found how to get the cache description, which also shows prior logs. However, I do not see the hints.

How do I display the hints for caches on the GPSMAP 64s?

You have to be navigating to the cache in order to see the hint. While navigating, press Menu and you'll see the Hint option.

Thanks. Now I see it. I have to be on the map page and hit menu. I was trying from the compass page and I don't see it there.

I am disappointed that the full manual does not show this. Thanks for the forum to get me the answer.

I am also considering getting the 64S. How do you upload your logs to geocaching.com from the device?

Same way you do it on the previous models.

Connect to computer via USB, and select the option on the GC web site to upload field notes.

Personally, I find it too cumbersome to create a log without a touchscreen model. I love my 64s, but I do my logs on a phone app instead. I just mark them as found on the GPS but enter the actual logs on the phone.

Have you looked into using GSAK. The database does just about everything. From downloading PQs to publishing found GCs. I just log a cache as found, and when I get home connect the GPS to the computer and edit the log. GSAK will then connect to my Geocaching.com account and publish the logs. You can download and try GSAK for free. To buy a copy cost around $40USD one off. I have found this to be a good investment.