Lab caches in api

Since Lab caches do not have containers, D/T ratings, or logs - then they wouldn't fit into the standard format of geocache 'find' data. I'm pretty sure this will not be changing and that Lab caches will always be a bit 'separate' from other cache types.

Lab caches are kind of the red headed step child of caching They don't count in your finds and i am not sure if they come back in my finds

Lab cache finds are included in a cacher's overall find count. However, no 'logs' are associated with Lab caches and Lab cache finds are not included in 'My Finds' PQ's. Cachers can see their Lab caches by logging into the Lab caches site.

On the "Statistics" tab of a cacher's profile, Lab caches are included in the finds per day calendar and finds by cache type. Lab caches are excluded from the D/T, Container Type, Distance, and Map sections.

They are used for events so there is no reason to search since thwy seem to be only loggable for a short time

Besides events, Lab caches have also been created for longer term efforts. For example, Lab caches at a museum that can be answered by visiting different museum exhibits. This Lab cache series is not tied to a specific event and is available for more than 1 year. Another example are Lab caches for a historical society, which can be answered by visiting different historical sites in the city. This Lab cache series is not tied to an event cache and is available for almost 400 days.

Since Lab caches do not have containers, D/T ratings, or logs - then they wouldn't fit into the standard format of geocache 'find' data. I'm pretty sure this will not be changing and that Lab caches will always be a bit 'separate' from other cache types.

Lab caches are kind of the red headed step child of caching They don't count in your finds and i am not sure if they come back in my finds

Lab cache finds are included in a cacher's overall find count. However, no 'logs' are associated with Lab caches and Lab cache finds are not included in 'My Finds' PQ's. Cachers can see their Lab caches by logging into the Lab caches site.

On the "Statistics" tab of a cacher's profile, Lab caches are included in the finds per day calendar and finds by cache type. Lab caches are excluded from the D/T, Container Type, Distance, and Map sections.

They are used for events so there is no reason to search since thwy seem to be only loggable for a short time

Besides events, Lab caches have also been created for longer term efforts. For example, Lab caches at a museum that can be answered by visiting different museum exhibits. This Lab cache series is not tied to a specific event and is available for more than 1 year. Another example are Lab caches for a historical society, which can be answered by visiting different historical sites in the city. This Lab cache series is not tied to an event cache and is available for almost 400 days.

i travel a lot. Can ypu tell me where the museum and historical ones are? Or how to search for them!

i travel a lot. Can ypu tell me where the museum and historical ones are? Or how to search for them!

Both of the examples I noted are in the Seattle area:

(1) Museum of Flight (53 days remaining) link -- this one also leads to a physical cache (Mystery cache) that's hidden within one of the museum exhibits.

(2) Queen Anne neighborhood historical society (388 days remaining) link. I haven't done this one yet.

There might be similar types of lab caches in other areas. I just know of these examples because they're local to me. The Lab Caching page at labs.geocaching.com has a list of active and upcoming lab caches. I'm not sure if every lab cache gets included on that page or not though.

Have fun!