Free Replacements for TB's

Auld Pharrrt

The only negative thing I can say that I have become aware of about geocaching is the number of trackables that seem to go missing in action for whatever reason and I have decided to look into making basic replacements, completely free of charge, for anyone who wants one to replace their own TB's that have gone missing in action.

The replacement tag will take the form of a laminated printed paper or thin card which will include the tracking number and, where possible, a photograph of the original TB as it was released by the owner. I will attach this copy to a small trinket of some sort I usually trawl charity shops for trinkets.

To make and release a copy I will need to know the Tracking Code so that I can "grab" the TB from it's present location and also the tracking number MUST be included on the replacement tag.

Although not necessary, if the owner wants me to attach a specific trinket (nothing too large) as a travelling companion then they can supply it and I will attach it to the replacement tag, otherwise I will attach any small trinket that comes to hand (I buy most of them from charity shops.)

The replacement tag will be placed in a cache somewhere here in Scotland, most likely one of my own caches, but if the owner would prefer I will post it to them via snail mail if they pay the cost of P&P in advance.

If you would like my help on getting a missing TB resurrected and back on the road, then please feel free to contact me via private message or email from the links on my GEOCACHING.COM profile, either for help to do it yourself or for me to do it for you.

I ONLY MAKE COPIES IF ASKED BY THE REGISTERED OWNER ON GEOCACHING.COM.

I ONLY MAKE COPIES IF THE ORIGINAL HAS BEEN MISSING FOR AT LEAST 12 MONTHS.

I ONLY MAKE COPIES IF I AM PROVIDED WITH THE TRACKING CODE.

Check out some samples in my online album at www.clanforbes.co.uk The pictures which include a white plastic rectangular travel bug are only there to give you an idea of what the laminated tag looks like

Finally, in the highly unlikely event that anyone has lost interest in the game but doesn't know what to do with their TB's, I would suggest offering to transfer ownership to a friend or family member. However, I'm very willing to accept and adopt any/all TB's (active or MIA) if you just want to get rid of them ... Thank you for taking the time to read all this ... AP. (AKA Ron)

The only negative thing I can say that I have become aware of about geocaching is the number of trackables that seem to go missing in action for whatever reason and I have decided to look into making basic replacements, completely free of charge, for anyone who wants one to replace their own TB's that have gone missing in action.

The replacement tag will take the form of a laminated printed paper or thin card which will include the tracking number and, where possible, a photograph of the original TB as it was released by the owner. I will attach this copy to a small trinket of some sort I usually trawl charity shops for trinkets.

To make and release a copy I will need to know the Tracking Code so that I can "grab" the TB from it's present location and also the tracking number MUST be included on the replacement tag.

Although not necessary, if the owner wants me to attach a specific trinket (nothing too large) as a travelling companion then they can supply it and I will attach it to the replacement tag, otherwise I will attach any small trinket that comes to hand (I buy most of them from charity shops.)

The replacement tag will be placed in a cache somewhere here in Scotland, most likely one of my own caches, but if the owner would prefer I will post it to them via snail mail if they pay the cost of P&P in advance.

If you would like my help on getting a missing TB resurrected and back on the road, then please feel free to contact me via private message or email from the links on my GEOCACHING.COM profile, either for help to do it yourself or for me to do it for you.

I ONLY MAKE COPIES IF ASKED BY THE REGISTERED OWNER ON GEOCACHING.COM.

I ONLY MAKE COPIES IF THE ORIGINAL HAS BEEN MISSING FOR AT LEAST 12 MONTHS.

I ONLY MAKE COPIES IF I AM PROVIDED WITH THE TRACKING CODE.

Check out some samples in my online album at www.clanforbes.co.uk The pictures which include a white plastic rectangular travel bug are only there to give you an idea of what the laminated tag looks like

Finally, in the highly unlikely event that anyone has lost interest in the game but doesn't know what to do with their TB's, I would suggest offering to transfer ownership to a friend or family member. However, I'm very willing to accept and adopt any/all TB's (active or MIA) if you just want to get rid of them ... Thank you for taking the time to read all this ... AP. (AKA Ron)

Let's give this little fellow (TB46YRG) a new start in the UK. :anibad:

Bump

Other than myself, how many takers so far? :)

2 other takers so far ... total revived 17 ... 3 TB's, 2 TT's and 12 Geocoins, not including one of my own geocoins!

One sadly went missing as soon as I put in a cache, but I have a copy made and ready to go in 6 months time if the other doesn't resurface.

I admit I am surprised that few people have taken the opportunity to get MIA trackables revived, there are sooo many missing out there. I guess it's just a matter of getting the word out to people. One person contacted me but didn't follow up on his 12 trackables that are missing in action. He asked how much I charged for this and never replied when I told him it was completely free.

Super kind of you ! That is fantastic. It's nice to know that a lot of people want to add to this game. If you would like to send a few to Arizona I would be more then glad to send them out around here.

Thank you for your kind comments, but in order to keep my costs down I only release them in Scotland unless the owner asks me to post them out to them (at their expense.)

However, I will keep you in mind and just MIGHT send you some of my own to launch them across the pond, but I'd be more likely to use one of the Stargate caches to do that.

I'd like to start a Stargate cache of my own (the nearest one to me is 350 miles away) but sadly, the guys who organise them have a minimum distance of 500 miles so I wouldn't qualify.

Edited by Auld Pharrrt

Bump

2 other takers so far ... total revived 17 ... 3 TB's, 2 TT's and 12 Geocoins, not including one of my own geocoins!

One sadly went missing as soon as I put in a cache, but I have a copy made and ready to go in 6 months time if the other doesn't resurface.

I admit I am surprised that few people have taken the opportunity to get MIA trackables revived, there are sooo many missing out there. I guess it's just a matter of getting the word out to people. One person contacted me but didn't follow up on his 12 trackables that are missing in action. He asked how much I charged for this and never replied when I told him it was completely free.

I see mine went missing again too. :( Actually it never moved from the cache you placed it in, but I got lots of virtual discoveries. :)

Bump

I see mine went missing again too. :( Actually it never moved from the cache you placed it in, but I got lots of virtual discoveries. :)

Yes, I know. I'm a bit annoyed that 5 TB's recently went missing from two of my caches, the one where your's was and another very nearby ... 4 of the missing TB's were proxies I'd made, but I will re-release them later on near the end of this year (so don't give up hope.)