Attempted to read or write protected memory.

zuge

Error Occurred

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

I'm currently unable to upload/compile ANY cartridges. Maybe a reboot is needed for the Wherigo.com server?

post-4876565-078110600 1448804764_thumb.jpg

Edited by zuge

Hello,

I don't know if I'm posting in the correct forum. The reason I'm posting here is that I get the same error when trying to download any cartridge.

Error During Upload

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Wherigo.GSPCartridgeService.CartridgeService.GetCompiledCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String CartridgeFileName, String CartridgeId, Int64 PlayerId, String PlayerName, DeviceType deviceType, String CompletionCode) at cartridge_download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Regards

Hans/YXZA

Sorry for the delay, everyone. charlenni sent me an email yesterday morning regarding this. I was on a flight from Reno to Dallas and didn't see the message until I checked as I was boarding my connecting flight. As soon as I saw the email, I sent a message to the right person at Groundspeak to kick the server again. Right after that, I had to turn the phone off for the flight.

Over the next couple days, I'll try to get in touch with Groundspeak to see what's going on and why this issue has returned. I was hoping to see how long it would take for Groundspeak to get back with me regarding the Wherigo Foundation partnership, but I guess I'll have to end the experiment and see what's going on with their server.