downloading multiple geocaches onto my magellan

mazoo

I am trying to download multiple caches at a time onto my gps. I would like to be able to go to an area and download several at a time rather then clicking each one. Does anyone know how to do this.

2. Pocket Queries

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=28

1.3. Bookmark Lists

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=283

Each list can contain up to 1000 items, and be used to make a Pocket Query. Or you can download a Google Earth KML file of the list, from your Bookmark list page. You can create up to 40 Bookmark Lists and share them with your friends. You add a cache to a Bookmark List from the geocache listing page.

B.

I am trying to download multiple caches at a time onto my gps. I would like to be able to go to an area and download several at a time rather then clicking each one. Does anyone know how to do this.

Read up on Pocket Queries as Pup Patrol posted. If you follow the steps to "Create Your First Pocket Query", and soon you'll get the hang of it. That will produce a file with a whole bunch of caches out to a chosen radius. This is handy if you are caching in an area and want a lot of caches to choose.

With Bookmarks, you can select caches one at a time, add them to a Bookmark list, and then run a Pocket Query whenever you want an updated file. This is good if you only want to hunt particular caches without a lot of other ones showing up on the GPSr (the "Magellan").

You will manually place the PQ files onto the GPSr, and there's plenty of info here in this Forum, or found by google online, or by checking the GPSr's manual, or here on the Magellan site (follow the "Email" steps). If you have problems loading files, we may need to know which model you have.

Edited by kunarion

I've written a simple guide for both Garmin and Magellan GPS's that explains how to do a Pocket Query and transfer the two files to the GPS. It's written for Windows but the process is exactly the same for MAC.

Link at the bottom of the Paperless caching page on my resource website.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Policies Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website