Hey, America! Who's going to sneak away from turkey to cache?

Will your family even notice you're gone?

Will it get you out of doing the dishes?

Can you get back before the pie is served?!

I likely won't. The weather here is supposed to be teeeeeerrible and I'm a big, fat, weenie. We are also at 999...

If someone form Turkey sneaks away to Geocache they probably won't be going to Russia to do it.

I likely won't. The weather here is supposed to be teeeeeerrible and I'm a big, fat, weenie. We are also at 999...

I thought many months ago we all convinced you that cold weather caching isn't so bad!

;)

Oh now!! It won't be that bad. In the 30s and only an inch or two of snow.

I planted one once in a blizzard. People came looking for it in that blizzard.

The only way to get over the climate here is to dive in.

Try walking across a frozen lake at 20 degrees below zero towing an ice House.

Or going through the woods like that. Dress for it and have fun. I think that I will sneak out and get some.

If someone form Turkey sneaks away to Geocache they probably won't be going to Russia to do it.

Very good point!! Just more trouble brewing. :wacko:

I thought many months ago we all convinced you that cold weather caching isn't so bad!

;)

Whoa! You have a great memory! Well, I'm still a weenie, BUT I did actually go winter caching last year. I went out and bought a better, jacket, better gloves, better boots, and long undies. Set me back quite a bit, but I was toasty! (It's still not my favorite thing to do, though.) Maybe I could couch cache?? JK.

Or going through the woods like that. Dress for it and have fun. I think that I will sneak out and get some.

MN Treker means you're probably in my 'hood. It was probably ME that went looking for that thing out in a blizzard. See? I get out once in a while. I did go out one Christmas and the snow was up to my hips and it was blizzardy. (granted I'm short, but c'mon!) I thought when I moved here I WOULD dive in. Even joined a Snow Lovers Club and never went to one event. So far. Hehe.

H A P P Y T U R K E Y C A C H I N G!

I'd like to sneak out and cache because big family gatherings can get pretty stressful, especially at my Mom's house which is (in my opinion) too small to be hosting such an event anyway. But Mom won't let anybody else host - although we've all offered to many times. I think she just doesn't like to be the one to drive to somebody else's house and prefers that we all come to her.

I am considering going caching on Friday, however. The local sporting goods/recreation store is purposely closing for Black Friday - which is usually the biggest shopping day of the year around here. Everyone crowding into the stores hoping to get the best sales. I've always thought it was silly and avoided the shopping anyway, so I'm glad to see this particular store closing their doors for Friday and encouraging folks to go outside instead.

If only I could find somebody to go with me. I'm sure my husband will spend the whole weekend in bed watching TV.

MN Treker means you're probably in my 'hood. It was probably ME that went looking for that thing out in a blizzard. See? I get out once in a while. I did go out one Christmas and the snow was up to my hips and it was blizzardy. (granted I'm short, but c'mon!) I thought when I moved here I WOULD dive in. Even joined a Snow Lovers Club and never went to one event. So far. Hehe.

Ya gota love Minnesota! I hid that thing in an April Blizzard.

No you did not look I placed it in Brooklyn Park, MN

I have now hidden it again in Cambridge, MN

Bring a longggg TOTT.

I think that I ran into you at a Happy new year guardrail10 event.

Have fun today. Happy Thanks giving

Edited by Mn-treker

I'd like to sneak out and cache because big family gatherings can get pretty stressful, especially at my Mom's house which is (in my opinion) too small to be hosting such an event anyway. But Mom won't let anybody else host - although we've all offered to many times. I think she just doesn't like to be the one to drive to somebody else's house and prefers that we all come to her.

I am considering going caching on Friday, however. The local sporting goods/recreation store is purposely closing for Black Friday - which is usually the biggest shopping day of the year around here. Everyone crowding into the stores hoping to get the best sales. I've always thought it was silly and avoided the shopping anyway, so I'm glad to see this particular store closing their doors for Friday and encouraging folks to go outside instead.

If only I could find somebody to go with me. I'm sure my husband will spend the whole weekend in bed watching TV.

That's why wine should always be served at big family gatherings! :P I'm "working" today so no sneaking out today, either.

Ya gota love Minnesota! I hid that thing in an April Blizzard.

No you did not look I placed it in Brooklyn Park, MN

I have now hidden it again in Cambridge, MN

Bring a longggg TOTT.

I think that I ran into you at a Happy new year guardrail10 event.

Have fun today. Happy Thanks giving

Yesssss, I thought your user name was familiar! The bridge-y cache no one could find. Man, that was cold. The blizzard cache I tried to find was in Shakopee. Got out of the car and was practically in hip deep snow. No fun for me! Haha! Good for you for getting out yesterday! Actually we hosted so we were still cleaning and getting all the food prepared. Then we were exhausted and in a turkey coma after. Blah. We are about to hit 1000 so we have to make it good!