Who's Still Caching in NY/NJ

jonboy

I've had to cut down to my normal rate of a couple of finds, every few weeks because I'm now re-employed. The snow makes it a harder of course, but now its gone for the most part, after yesterday's rain. I did find one in the snow last week and I put out a new cache yesterday.

If the cache found notifications I receive are any indication, there are plenty people are still out there hunting.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" - Abraham Lincoln

Well, my personal activity has gone down, but hasn't stopped. I'm not sure if it's the weather, or time-constraints of "the holidays". Plus, at work we just completed a huge project to move social services to a newly renovated building, which ate most of my free time (the project, not the building).

----------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you be also be like him.

We're still caching. Albeit a bit slower than before. With the cooler weather, holidays and distance to cache areas it's getting harder to find the time.

Once everything calms down we should be back at full speed.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

Whenever possible. A lot more no finds in the snow though. Went yesterday to find a not found (wrong coords) and found it. In the snow it's much harder, but the idea is to get out there. You just have to be prepared for the elements.

Cache you later,

Planet

"To err is human, to forgive....$5.00"

Many of the local cachers are slowed by lack of daylight, PSU football games, and several measurable snow and ice storms since October. Now its probably just the holidays.

My recollection is that things are typically slow this time of the year and should start picking up again in January. I know they will for me!

Salvelinus

(formerly smoochnme)

goldfish.gif

"The trail will be long and full of frustrations. Life is a whole and good and evil must be accepted together"

Ralph Abele

The lack of daylight slows me down. I have a new job, an hour from home (yuk), in an area that is pretty cache rich. Being that there is a lot of swampland there, lunchtime geocaching is pretty much out of the question, but if there were enough daylight, I'd be bagging caches on the way home from work.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" - Abraham Lincoln

I'm still in the game but on hold for a bit here. After an extended period of serious unknown illness my father passed away this week. I have a feeling I'll be back with a vengance when things calm down around here but I doubt I'll be out there much for awhile....then again with all this family in town maybe I can turn a few more family members onto caching... we'll see.

because I am in sunny New Zealand at the moment icon_razz.gif (Sorry! I had to rub it in!). No snow over here, folks!

(PS I am trying to find a cache hiding spot - but these kiwis manicure all the green vegetation/fields/pastures etc. There are no rocks or hidey holes anywhere! Ay caramba! icon_biggrin.gif - or it could be that I am in the holiday lazy mode and just cant be bothered to look all that hard ... icon_wink.gif

I have slowed a bit with doing some remodeling on the house but plan to get back to caching as soon as i can I put some out in the summer which i didn't get on the website and i am checking on them tomorrow and hope to get them in. Also new camper on the way so i am looking forward to doing some overnight cache areas.

we are... just not as much with the cold, work and holidays. we just got back from Florida too, we did about 10 caches in 4 days. its amazing how sun and heat and surf can re invigorate you. once things calm down and warm up a bit, we will get moving in the area again.

SR and dboggny.

9372_2600.jpg

Today Bardmin12 and myself decided to head off to find the new Cache_Ninja CACHE in Harriman. When we arrived at the closest parking we realized there was no way we were caching up here. There was way to much snow to hike in. Maybe by skiing (sp?) or using snow shoes we could have. Boots weren't going to cut it today. Bummer

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

I’m still caching but being knee deep in new snow it’s tough around the Albany area. I was just out to Watertown this weekend and they hardly have any snow and a little north of them there is bare ground. I found 11 this weekend and plan on spending some time in the Burlington VT /Plattsburgh NY area this week. The misses has the next three days off so I figure if I annoy here enough the first two she will tell me to get out of her hair and that translates to “go geocaching”. icon_cool.gif

My Travel Bug Mustang Racing Travel Bug seems to have stalled out in NY and seeing how it's in a race I'd SURE like to find somebody to hurry it along to it's final destination!!

My racing partner's Travel Bug Flick's First is only about 2 1/2 hours from it's final destination but appears to have stalled out also. icon_biggrin.gif That's OK.

Maybe YOU could be the guardian that get's this little Mustang to it's final destination!! What do you say, huh?

quote:
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers (1879-1935)

...are greatly exaggerated.

I'm alive and well and will be hitting the Geocaching trails in earnest now that the holiday madness has passed.

After all, there's no excuse for living in New Jersey and NOT enjoying a good day outdoors, even if you do it from the driver's seat.

Timely