That one that makes you scream like you have seen a ghost!

K!nder

Howdy,

i am a complete fanatic for urbex caches and adventurous geocaches so i always try to create some of my geocaches in Urbex areas with some radical part and specially with a ghost or something that scary.

I can say i am somehow like a ghost hunter :D

Do you have any experience concerning geocaches with that theme?

er, I don't even know what Urbex means

"urban exploration"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_exploration

Urban exploration (often shortened as urbex or UE) is the exploration of man-made structures, usually abandoned ruins or not usually seen components of the man-made environment.

The nature of this activity presents various risks, including both physical danger and the possibility of arrest and punishment. Some activities associated with urban exploration may violate local or regional laws and certain broadly interpreted anti-terrorism laws or be considered trespassing or invasion of privacy.

Urban exploration is a hobby that comes with a number of inherent dangers. For example, storm drains are not designed with human access as their primary use. They can be subject to flash flooding and bad air. There have been a number of deaths in storm water drains, but these are usually during floods, and the victims are normally not urban explorers.

Many old abandoned structures feature hazards such as unstable structures, unsafe floors, broken glass, the presence of unknown chemicals and other harmful substances (most notably asbestos), stray voltage, and entrapment hazards. Other risks include freely roaming guard dogs and hostile squatters. Some abandoned locations may be heavily guarded with motion detectors and active security patrols. Others are more easily accessible and carry less risk of discovery.

Asbestos is a long-term health risk for urban explorers, along with breathing in contaminants from dried bird feces, which can cause a condition known as pigeon-breeder's lung, a form of hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Urban explorers may use dust masks and respirators to alleviate this danger. Some sites are occasionally used by substance abusers for either recreation or waste disposal, and there may be used or infected syringe needles en route, such as those commonly used with heroin.

The growing popularity of the activity has resulted not just in increased attention from explorers, but also from vandals and law enforcement. The illicit aspects of urban exploring, which may include trespassing and breaking and entering, have brought along with them critical articles in mainstream newspapers.

In Australia, the website of the Sydney Cave Clan was shut down by lawyers for the Roads and Traffic Authority of New South Wales, after they raised concerns that the portal could "risk human safety and threaten the security of its infrastructure". Another website belonging to the Bangor Explorers Guild was criticized by the Maine State Police for potentially encouraging behavior that "could get someone hurt or killed." Likewise, the Toronto Transit Commission has also used the Internet to crimp subway tunnel explorations, going as far as to send investigators to various explorers' homes.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

This for example is an Urbex Geocache i made some years ago with a spooky story in it.

Basically it was about a little young girl that felt from one of those chimneys and got burnt and her ghost is still there and you need to look for her clues. So you have to got inside mines with water, holes, under a truck scale and in the end after you visit her grave you have to pay a tribute to her taking one rose to the heaven (75 meters high chimney).

Enjoy the movie a geocacher made when they went there:

I love to visit this kind of geocaches so whenever i go to a diferent country i would make my goal these kind of geocaches.

The problem you'd run into with trying to put caches in apparently-abandoned areas is that they likely aren't completely abandoned. Someone likely still owns the property, and determining who that is and getting their permission to have cachers access their property could be difficult. Personally, if I were the owner of that ceramics factory in Portugal, I wouldn't want strangers climbing an unmaintained ladder on the side of a chimney and potentially be liable for any injuries (I'm not sure how liability works in Portugal). That looks like an interesting area to explore, so good job on getting permission for cachers to experience it!

The problem you'd run into with trying to put caches in apparently-abandoned areas is that they likely aren't completely abandoned. Someone likely still owns the property, and determining who that is and getting their permission to have cachers access their property could be difficult. Personally, if I were the owner of that ceramics factory in Portugal, I wouldn't want strangers climbing an unmaintained ladder on the side of a chimney and potentially be liable for any injuries (I'm not sure how liability works in Portugal). That looks like an interesting area to explore, so good job on getting permission for cachers to experience it!

I had the permission of the owner for that factory. Usually i always try to get the permission before putting something and till now i was lucky i guess. Although for this geocache there was a problem because the first permission i had it was with the wrong owner and only after that i discovered the real owner.

There were more things being done there, like: paintball and photoshos :D