Can't click and open caches on website from map

Senpai

I'm having problems clicking and opening the caches from the map on the main website. It won't let me click and open to view the details. The only thing I can do is scroll in and out on the maps. I've not had this problem before.

I've had this since updating the Flash plugin to 19_0_0_245.dll just now. I imagine the correct version is Flash 19.0.0.245 but the full version number is dumbed down.

My PC is Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit, with all updates apart from the spyware ones. Affected browsers are Waterfox 40.1.0, Yandex 15.12.2490.3614 beta, Chrome 46.90.2490.86 m, Internet Explorer 11 latest version. As these 4 browsers use different rendering engines I am inclined to blame the Flash update.

[Edit: Having just posted the above, it seems that clicking on caches still works reliably if the map is zoomed in far enough for the scale to read 50 m or less.]

Edited by and1969

I've had this since updating the Flash plugin to 19_0_0_245.dll just now. I imagine the correct version is Flash 19.0.0.245 but the full version number is dumbed down.

My PC is Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit, with all updates apart from the spyware ones. Affected browsers are Waterfox 40.1.0, Yandex 15.12.2490.3614 beta, Chrome 46.90.2490.86 m, Internet Explorer 11 latest version. As these 4 browsers use different rendering engines I am inclined to blame the Flash update.

Good thought, but I don't think that's it. I just tested both before and after updating to Flash 19.0.0.245, and I was able to click on caches just fine with IE11 and Chrome on Windows 10. I also tested on a Win7 machine that was already on Flash 245, and I can click on caches fine there too.

Same problem here. Using Win7, Chrome (both up to date).

The new version of the server is

server=web01; build: tucson.main.release-integrated-pipeline-mode.release_459

Edit:

With

server=web15; build: tucson.main.release-integrated-pipeline-mode.release_459

the map works fine!

Go figure?

Edited by stebu

Same problem here. Using Win7, Chrome (both up to date).

The new version of the server is

server=web01; build: tucson.main.release-integrated-pipeline-mode.release_459

Edit:

With

server=web15; build: tucson.main.release-integrated-pipeline-mode.release_459

the map works fine!

Go figure?

Hovering the mouse over the cache icon no longer brings up the cache details , therefore I can't go to the cache page, like I have always done before today. I tried taking the scale to 50 metres (which, of course, would be a pain anyway) but that didn't work.

I'm totally non-technical so don't understand a word of this post. Can anyone help in plain English please?

Good gracious, it just started working again! I went back to the map after posting and took the scale back to 500 metres to continue looking around. Up came the usual window and the cache page was opened! I didn't change anything, so far as I am aware.

I'll still be interested in a reply, in case of recurrence.

Browser: IE v11

System: Windows 7 Enterprise

I'm having the issue when going to Play -> View Geocache Map

But no problem with hover and click-thru when going to Play -> Find a Geocache -- then selecting 'Map These Results'

And a few minutes later, it's working fine via both paths.

This sounds like it could be another problem that's only present on some of the web servers. That is, depending on which server you're assigned to by the load balancer at any given time, you may or may not see the problem. That could explain the intermittent behaviour reported by some people.

Browser: IE v11

System: Windows 7 Enterprise

I'm having the issue when going to Play -> View Geocache Map

But no problem with hover and click-thru when going to Play -> Find a Geocache -- then selecting 'Map These Results'

And a few minutes later, it's working fine via both paths.

This sounds like it could be another problem that's only present on some of the web servers. That is, depending on which server you're assigned to by the load balancer at any given time, you may or may not see the problem. That could explain the intermittent behaviour reported by some people.

Further to my earlier post I can 'mouse over' icons at a resolution of up to 2 km - and they are still clickable. If there is load balancing then it must be taking account of IP address which will be the same for all browsers on my laptop.

To add to another comment I agree that Flash is not used. Having tried using the map using Chromium browser on an old EeePC with Linux and no Flash plugin I can confirm this is the case.