Log date reverts to current date for next trackable

Gandal491

When catching up with trackables you've seen but still haven't logged, you log one for say last week Tuesday, when you enter another code, the "Post a New Log" page shows the current date again instead of last Tuesday's date! Earlier it showed the date you chose for logging the previous TB! If you've still got dozens of trackables to log after an event, it's a pain to have to keep changing the date back to the day of the event.

This used to work fine earlier! I don't know when it changed, but it sure was useful to have it show the same date! I hope you can reinstate this feature!

If you've still got dozens of trackables to log after an event, it's a pain to have to keep changing the date back to the day of the event.

While this is definitely a problem that will need to be fixed, there are better ways to accomplish what you want. If you're wanting to discover a large number of trackables, the fastest way would be to use one of several websites that can do it all automatically. All you have to do it feed it a list of tracking codes, the date, and the text of your log, and the website will automatically log them all. I believe there are several such websites, but a couple of examples that I'm more familiar with are Log Them All or the "Discover trackables" feature on project-gc.com.

While this is definitely a problem that will need to be fixed, there are better ways to accomplish what you want. If you're wanting to discover a large number of trackables, the fastest way would be to use one of several websites that can do it all automatically. All you have to do it feed it a list of tracking codes, the date, and the text of your log, and the website will automatically log them all. I believe there are several such websites, but a couple of examples that I'm more familiar with are Log Them All or the "Discover trackables" feature on project-gc.com.

I've sometimes used your last-mentioned, project-gc, but in my logs I like to differentiate between nametags, geocoins and TBs, making them more personal. Doing it the 'slow' way you also get to see the trackable's page, where you can get reminders of who was actually behind the badge, or who the coin and TB owner was. If you just take photos of code lists like often happens at events, especially Megas, then log them en masse on one of those sites, it comes down to being just about the numbers! As they say here, everyone caches in their own way!

Thanks for taking this up! I look forward to seeing it fixed!