Selling Help

DsrtMtnRox

Good Evening, :)

First off I want to say thank you to anyone who is willing to give me some helpful info. Secondly, I have looked over the pinned topics for geocoins and unless I completely missed it....I didn't find what I was needing help with so thank you again if I missed something there.

Back in 2012ish I bought a few geocoins and since then I think a few have been given to me as gifts. I am pretty sure I activated them all and some may have been discovered here and there. I have been trying to declutter my life a little and have decided to try and sell the few coins I have. I have never sold anything online and if I don't have to figure out a selling site that would be great.

My main questions are:

1. How do I figure out what they are worth? For instance, the first coin that I have I cannot find a price anywhere online. (Certified Geocaching Bike Coin) I can't even find the receipt for when I bought it. I will be doing a little more searching but for now I have no idea what it is worth.

2. If I have already activated it, how would it get transferred to the new owner? Would I use the "adoption" feature or is there another way that I did not see?

For now those are my two main questions as I get started on this project.

Again, any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I cannot help you with regard to the value of the coins ... I would imagine it would depend upon what they mean to you personally, but I suspect any buyers wouldn't be too interested in paying for sentimental value. I guess if the financial value of the coins isn't too important to you, then you could always offer them free to some of your friends to adopt ... I'll have a wee look at your listing after posting this and see what you have.

However, transferring ownership is an easy matter. Simply follow the Adoption links that you have mentioned once someone has bought a coin, you then offer it to them for adoption etc.

If you would like to practice this, feel free to offer an adoption to me (I will accept the adoption then re-offer it back to you etc.)

The other thing to consider, is if your coins have been logged by other users, the new owner might not be willing to keep those records and this will have an effect upon the statistics of people who have previously logged them. Some people get a bit upset if anyone messes with their statistics, personally, I play the game for the fun part, not for stats.

I hope this helps answer at least one of your questions, but I'm sure someone will come along soon to answer the rest.

Happy caching,

Ron.

P.S. I noticed that a couple of your coins have apparently gone missing in action ... have you considered releasing a proxy, or copy, to get them in the game again?

If you aren't interested in doing so, I'd be happy to adopt them and make a small token payment to you via Paypal and then I would release a copy here in Scotland and get them moving, just a suggestion.

Edited by Auld Pharrrt

Just took a quick look at a few of your trackables. You said you believed they were ALL activated, but you will need to check your coins against the list in your profile to determine if you own any UNactivated coins.

As a general rule, activated coins and tags are worth less than the original purchase price unless there are some that have became 'rare' or highly desired. I didn't see any of those on your list. Obviously, any coins or tags that have been released into the wild cannot be included in any 'sale'.

I couldn't even begin to assign prices to certain coins, but I would 'estimate' that activated tags and mini coins might be worth about $4 each and activated full sized coins about $7-8 each (on the generous side). You could offer them as a 'lot' sale and see what offers you might get once you can specify exactly which coins you have for sale.

Wish I could tell you that they have all increased in value, but that isn't the case.

Edited by nevadanick