How do I increase the number of caches shown on geoaching .com website

crapshooter

I know I can download caches from different areas on a pocket query, but still when I look at the geocache page for caches near me and filter out the finds all I get are the ones within 50 miles. I've found almost everything up to 40 miles so that doesn't leave me much to look at for the others.

Your other option is to center your search to somewhere other than your home coordinates/location. That will give you different results.

I have a pocket query of the nearest caches that I haven't found -- doesn't everyone? -- so I just go to the PQ page and click on that PQ's map icon. If that's limited to 50 miles, I'd suspect it's because the PQ itself is limited to 50 miles. One of the advantages of that approach is that if I accidentally go beyond the range of that PQ where I'll need a differet PQ, I can see it on the map. (I have to admit, my "not found" PQ fills up before 50 miles -- an embarrassment of riches -- but I've never had any trouble expanding a PQ however far I want to, so I'd be surprised if there's a 50 mile limit in this one case.)

I also regularly go to the map, turn off my finds, and pan all over the place without running into any 50 mile limit, so I'm thinking you're filtering out your finds with a search filter instead of looking at the map with filters cleared and turning off your finds through the map controls.

I don't think anyone understands what I'm trying to say. I can download a PQ and it shows on GSAK but when I search of nearest caches and filter out my finds it only shows what's within 50 miles. I'm wanting to know if I can change that setting somehow to show up to like 75 miles.

Are you saying that you're downloading the results of a PQ to your computer, then opening that file with GSAK and all you're seeing is what's in the downloaded PQ (which is a list of caches within 50 miles)?

I don't think anyone understands what I'm trying to say. I can download a PQ and it shows on GSAK but when I search of nearest caches and filter out my finds it only shows what's within 50 miles. I'm wanting to know if I can change that setting somehow to show up to like 75 miles.

IF it's the PQ giving you trouble...

Set the PQ for "Caches I have NOT found" it should then include more caches.

Check the PQ distance is not set to 50 Miles.

You can add a distance parameter to the URL for any search results display. For example, to increase the radius of caches in your search from 50 miles to 100 miles, add the following at the end of the URL: &dist=100

That only seems to work with the results when using the old search and has a maximum limit of 200 miles.

The new search uses the &radius parameter with a maximum of 50miles.

No I'm saying when I look at the caches on geocaching.com I only see the ones within 50 miles. Since most of mine that I haven't found are at least 40 miles away that doesn't list many

Your options are:

1. Use the old search. It will allow you to set the search radius up to 200 miles.

2. Generate a Pocket Query. You can specify a radius up to 200 miles here as well.

3. Using the new search, use a center point for the area(s) you want to go. You can enter lat/long coordinates directly.

4. Using the new search, conduct a "region" search instead of a "radius" search. If you enter something into the main search box it will do a radius search. If you just go directly to the Add Filters page you can select a "region" (e.g., a State, Province, or most country names). Select other filters such as "Have not found".

5. Go directly to the map page and use the filters on the left side bar to turn off "My Finds" and "My Hides". Then use the pan/zoom controls to focus on the area you want. You can then create a pocket query from the map for downloading caches to your GPS.

Unfortunately with the "new search" options you won't be able to download the results. Apparently this is an issue that is supposed to be fixed but it's been a long time since the new search was released and this major flaw remains.

2. Generate a Pocket Query. You can specify a radius up to 200 miles here as well.

I always thought pocket queries were limited, but then I pushed one out to 500 miles in an area where there were only a few hundred caches, and it worked fine. And when I map the preview results, it zooms to show them all.

I always thought pocket queries were limited, but then I pushed one out to 500 miles in an area where there were only a few hundred caches, and it worked fine. And when I map the preview results, it zooms to show them all.

I checked again and you're right. I had looked at a PQ I had created for Beijing and set the radius at 200 miles. It returned 508 caches. I pushed it out to 250 miles and it still returned 508 caches (apparently there aren't any more between 200 and 250 miles). When I pushed it out to 500 miles it returned 548 caches. Entering a value greater than 500 miles will just set the radius to 500 so that appears to be the maximum limit.

No I'm saying when I look at the caches on geocaching.com I only see the ones within 50 miles. Since most of mine that I haven't found are at least 40 miles away that doesn't list many

How are do you "look at the caches on geocaching.com?"

As Isonzo Karst already said, from your profile, to the right of Search for Geocaches "near your home location" and "(filter out finds)" there's an icon called "search in Geocaching Maps" which when you click on it, you get a map with caches near your home location. When you're on that map, simply scroll out and you can view caches as far as you want! You can scroll out to get the whole world if you want, and left clicking lets you pan the map. It doesn't get any easier than that.

By searching near my home location and filtering out my finds

I didn't see that Keystone has given you the answer

You can add a distance parameter to the URL for any search results display. For example, to increase the radius of caches in your search from 50 miles to 100 miles, add the following at the end of the URL: &dist=100