Things only cachers say

rassilon256

"You paid how much for a bison tube?!?"

"This looks like a good place to hide one. Do you think there's one here, yet?"

"(S)He hasn't died, (S)he's been archived."

"I bet I could turn this [piece of debris found on roadside] into a cache."

"I hope it's not a tree climbing one, we don't appear to have a cache monkey among us."

"I found a great price on [food containers], go to [website] before they're all gone!"

"I've been carrying these travel bugs for weeks because I can't find any caches large enough to put them in."

"We wrecked the old one [vehicle] geocaching, so we bought something which should hold up better."

4 hours ago, HunterandSamuel said:

Does screaming count as things cachers say? Opening an ammo can...out popped a realistic looking rubber snake. SCREAM! 

I'd love to hide this "puzzle box" in a cache:

Untitledsp-1.jpg

"Oh, this looks easy!  You just slide this door and -- !!!"

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
10 minutes ago, HunterandSamuel said:

OMG! I would scream for sure and drop it. LOL That would a great cache if you can make it waterproof! 

As with many "puzzle boxes", that could be in a waterproof bigger box.  Especially due to the dropping thing.  :)

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1
On 2/4/2020 at 4:15 AM, HunterandSamuel said:

Does screaming count as things cachers say? Opening an ammo can...out popped a realistic looking rubber snake. SCREAM! 

Ohhhhhhh my ... last week near Parker, Arizona, U.S.A. my 8 year old grand daughter opened one such cache. The scream was deafening .  LOL, LOL, LOL

Even though I knew what to expect her response nearly made me wet myself.

Memories were made.

• Upvote 1

While driving anywhere:

"Theres a cache in under that big rock over there." "Theres one right on that corner." "That would be a great place for a cache!" "There was supposed to be a micro on that bench but I never found it." "Theres a regular with a dozen favorites down that road." "Wanna take a quick detour?" "Lets go!"

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 2
On 2/4/2020 at 8:05 PM, niraD said:

That's a lot more interesting than the "snake in a can" caches that I've found.

I've only ever seen one snake in a can cache around here, one that I used to have placed. The snake can itself was glued into a gallon size container that gave no clue that a spring loaded snake was ready to pounce. Needless to say, it garnered some entertaining logs.

Ma: This is the 12th cache we found today. Didn't you say you needed to use the bathroom at about find number 10?

Pa: Well, I did need to but opening that snake in a cache a few minutes ago took care of that.

On 2/4/2020 at 7:15 AM, HunterandSamuel said:

My friend and I went looking for a multi in a park. We started it, but couldn't finish it. I came back later to try for myself. One of the stages was up high overhead. When I went to pull it down all these earwigs that had made a nest behind it fell down on me. "Agh!" I managed to find the rest of the stages and log a smiley. Later I was with my friend and we decided to stop and eat lunch in the park. She went off to complete the stages to the geocache. I had just settled down to eat my lunch at a picnic table when I heard my friend scream. I grinned, "Ah, she must have found the stage with the earwigs."

• Funny 1

The youngest of our group always is assigned to do any difficulty. I'm 66, my caching friend is 70.

"Okay, I'll climb up that incline, struggle over the loose rocks, and wade through the pricker bushes and spider webs to bring the cache back down for you to sign."

• Love 1