Things only cachers say

rassilon256

I'm sure this must already be a thing on the forum but no amount of vague search terms turned it up.

I logged a cache recently with this sentence: Things only geocachers say #17: "That rock looks suspicious.". What else could you add to the list? Obviously I need at least 16 more to make my randomly chosen number make sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1

I'm sure this must already be a thing on the forum but no amount of vague search terms turned it up.

I logged a cache recently with this sentence: Things only geocachers say #17: "That rock looks suspicious.". What else could you add to the list? Obviously I need at least 16 more to make my randomly chosen number make sense.

#1 "I swear I checked that tree stump at least three times."

Edited by justintim1999
  • Upvote 1

"But it's only another tenth of a mile!"

While walking on a winding trail, looking through the dense undergrowth to the side:

It's only 100 feet through that...or a half mile by trail. Decisions, decisions...

Something I usually say before doing it: "Straightlining it to the cache is not always the best option".

Then I go straight for the cache, and discover I should have taken the longer route.

Often said here in Australia......

"I'm not putting my hand in there!!!!"

I was going to say "I never put my hand in somewhere I can't see" but you beat me to it.

I don't think that many muggles are likely to say "There's some obvious stick-o-flage over there".

Other favourites (to inquisitive bystanders) "Just doing a beetle (ant/maggot etc) survey", "Just taking a short cut" (when up a tree - I tried this last month and it worked, or at least the muggle went away quickly).

"Headbutted a tree again" (explaining profuse scalp bleeding to wife when returning from a caching trip - she understands... I have this habit of standing up having explored a root cleft, without looking above me)

Glad I'm not the only one.

Haven't had a problem since getting glasses a few weeks ago.

Best one for me was getting a cache in the low crotch of a tree, standing up and then walking right into a large branch.

Almost knocked myself out...had a headache for a few days after that one.

"Headbutted a tree again" (explaining profuse scalp bleeding to wife when returning from a caching trip - she understands... I have this habit of standing up having explored a root cleft, without looking above me)

At first I was thinking along the lines of looking down at the GPS and not seeing the low hanging branch before you walked into it.

"That is some well camouflaged tupperware, nice job!" I like to imagine that being said in a normal situation like at a house party when someone comes in with some chips and dip.

We're also the only people in the world that have to lie by saying "I'm on a scavenger hunt" to avoid explaining in depth what a grown person is actually doing rooting around the bushes in a park.

"I saw this new 5/5 get published this morning, so I quickly ran a PQ for the area, loaded it into the GPSr, and headed out to try for the FTF. I needed a 5/5 for my Fizzy grid to complete a challenge, so I was really excited about being able to find one. I was hoping for a QEF when I got to GZ, but it nearly became a DNF. I was confronted by a LEO, but I was able to show them the description where the CO stated who they got permission from, so all was good. My GPSr just had me doing a drunken bee dance, so I had to use a PAF and my geo-senses to focus my search, and I eventually spotted the UPS. Lots of great swag in there! This wasn't a P&G, but it was still fun (and no TOTT required)! Thanks for hiding a cache that isn't just another LPC, GRH, or any other type of MKH! TNLNSL TFTC"

Show that to a muggle and have fun watching the look of confusion form on their face. :laughing: