Down load

desertgrasshopper

Can only premium members down load to GPS now. I use to be able to download, the icon has disappeared.

Of course non-PM members can download caches to their gps.

How are you doing this? To what gps?

What browser are you using?

The more details you can provide, the better.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Can only premium members down load to GPS now?.[...]

No. Members can download geocaches as well. Just the GPX file button is greyed out. You might use loc files or the Send to Gps button. Both are files with just the minimum of relevant data (ie: no description, no hint, etc.).

Hans

Can only premium members down load to GPS now?.[...]

No. Members can download geocaches as well. Just the GPX file button is greyed out. You might use loc files or the Send to Gps button. Both are files with just the minimum of relevant data (ie: no description, no hint, etc.).

Hans

That's a good point.

Was the OP a PM previously?

B.

[...]

B.

It seems so ("the icon has disappeared." is a good indicator). Actually the forums are here behind reallity when the user didn't log out/log in before and after his status change.

Hans

Edited by HHL

[...]

B.

It seems so ("the icon has disappeared." is a good indicator). Actually the forums are here behind reallity when the user didn't log out/log in before and after his status change.

Hans

Yup, looks like that's the issue.

Forum info still says "Premium Members", but the profile indicates non-PM.

I remember now that when we were Basic Members, the forum title still showed us as PM.

B.

I use to be able to bring pages of caches for a specified # of miles from my location & go down the list & click on an download icon on the right hand side of each cache. I am using a Garmin Montana But it seems that only one page loads now & there is no download button. I have to bring each cache up & download it!

Sounds like you're accustomed to the 'old' search feature. The 'new' search feature does not enable downloading of search results, which has been discussed in the forum threads related to the 'new search'.

Currently, we still have access to the 'old' search. When you go to 'Find a Geocache' page, then you'll see a "Take me to the old Search" option at the bottom-right of the mountain/forest image. I'm not sure if your download options will be what you're looking for, since you're now a Basic Member, but might be worth you giving it a try.

Note: there are no guarantees how much longer the 'old' search will be available.

Sorry! I have gotten behind on this. I have lost interest I guess. I only use geocaching to get me out to see the country. When I first started caching about 12 years ago, the caches were in more interesting places like historic points or POI's. Then when they started hiding them every mile down the road, it just seem like a waist of time for me.

Thanks for your suggestions, it seems that they have taken that " search the old way off" because I don't see it where u suggested it was. Thanks anyway. I'll just click on each cache & down load it that way or go back to the real old fashion way. Write down the coordinances and enter it as a way point!!

Sorry! I have gotten behind on this. I have lost interest I guess. I only use geocaching to get me out to see the country. When I first started caching about 12 years ago, the caches were in more interesting places like historic points or POI's. Then when they started hiding them every mile down the road, it just seem like a waist of time for me.

Thanks for your suggestions, it seems that they have taken that " search the old way off" because I don't see it where u suggested it was. Thanks anyway. I'll just click on each cache & down load it that way or go back to the real old fashion way. Write down the coordinances and enter it as a way point!!

No, the "old" search page is still there.

When you go to the new cache search page: https://www.geocaching.com/play/search

at the bottom right of the photograph is the text/link: take me to the old search

Click that link to go to https://www.geocaching.com/seek/

Bookmark that link in your browser.

When we were Basic Members, I never manually input the coordinates for caches.

I set up folders on the computer for downloading loc files to. I would then save each cache's loc files to the appropriate folder.

Then I would use GPSBabel to load them into the gps.

http://www.gpsbabel.org/

The only time I ever manually load coordinates into the gps is for multicaches or puzzles solved in the field.

Of course, with the PM, now I can create bookmark lists, and run pq's of the appropriate bookmark list.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Currently, we still have access to the 'old' search. When you go to 'Find a Geocache' page, then you'll see a "Take me to the old Search" option at the bottom-right of the mountain/forest image.

Thanks for your suggestions, it seems that they have taken that " search the old way off" because I don't see it where u suggested it was. Thanks anyway.

The link can be hard to see, so I've noted it in the image below (red box at bottom right).

GC-OldSearchLink.png

A more direct way to get to the old search is the same link that PP mentioned in the preceding post.

I have a Garmin eTrex 20X, plugged into a Windows computer using Google Chrome for my Internet Explorer. I've tried using Garmin supplied Internet shortcut to download their Cummunicator Plugin. The install says it's successfully completed and it detects my eTrex 20X, but when I click on the "Send To" in the GeoCach data, I get a flag that says the Plugin can't be found. Any thoughts?

Also, how would I downlod a GPX file to my eTrex? And would that be a better option?

Any help would be appreciated. THX Bob