Oregon 600 loading problem

hikerT

I have a new Oregon 600. It's loaded fine since I got it (I had problems loading the 450 so I delete all manual files before doing a new load-- I use the Garmin export macro in GSAK). The past week I've had problems with my load as either no geocaches or only 20 or so random caches display on the GPS map/geocache list. i export children as POI's and attribute symbols.. they ALL show up. Only geocache boxes do not. I've checked the file in the Garmin folder and it's complete. I've also tried to copy/paste a PQ and the same thing happens.

Has anyone else had problems with geocaches not showing up on their Oregon 6xx? I'm not talking about the caches that are outside the zoom range that will show up if you change your zoom settings. I've checked that as well. It's very frustrating as it's hit or miss, it will show the caches once out of 15 or so loads.

Did you accidentally set a geocache filter on the unit (or let one stay from a predefined profile)?

The mentioned cache has to be on the unit as the exported pois indicate that (no micro size attribute will show without an belonging exported cache).

Hans