Cache Page Formatting (non-published cache)

Millsboy

I was hoping to find out how to get back to the original formatting page available when you first choose to hide a cache.

I was told by my local reviewer, that the proper way to submit a cache is to create a blank cache page as a coordinate check, but once you submit the cache there is no obvious way to get back to the original page, which is much easier to utilize and also you do not need to know countless html tags.

I was hoping someone here knows how to get back to that original formatting screen. If not perhaps knows how to submit ideas to "the powers that be" because editing pages would be much easier.

Thanks for your consideration.

I was hoping to find out how to get back to the original formatting page available when you first choose to hide a cache.

I was told by my local reviewer, that the proper way to submit a cache is to create a blank cache page as a coordinate check, but once you submit the cache there is no obvious way to get back to the original page, which is much easier to utilize and also you do not need to know countless html tags.

I was hoping someone here knows how to get back to that original formatting screen. If not perhaps knows how to submit ideas to "the powers that be" because editing pages would be much easier.

Thanks for your consideration.

Isn't the link to your cache on your profile page:

https://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx

B.

I think they're wanting the fancy HTML editor provided by the new submission form, that isn't available when you go back and edit later.

The answer is no. They haven't yet provided that functionality when editing an existing cache listing. It's been requested many times, but it hasn't materialized yet.

Depending on the browser you use, you may be able to install an add-on that will give you similar functionality. Look for WYSIWYG HTML editor add-ons.

Erm, wouldn't you be able to make a bookmark when you are one the original page?

Might not help for an existing page, but for future reference it may help.

Edited for typo

No, that wouldn't work. The submission form is just that: a form. Form contents aren't saved in a bookmark, so even if you could bookmark that exact step in the multi-page form (which probably wouldn't work anyway), the content wouldn't be there.

Erm, wouldn't you be able to make a bookmark when you are one the original page?

Might not help for an existing page, but for future reference it may help.

Edited for typo

No, that wouldn't work. The submission form is just that: a form. Form contents aren't saved in a bookmark, so even if you could bookmark that exact step in the multi-page form (which probably wouldn't work anyway), the content wouldn't be there.

Ahhh, ok, it was just a thought ...

My suggestion would be to act as if you are starting yet another cache, fill in the bare minimum on the non-description stuff, and then put in your description as desired. Then copy/paste that into your coordinate-checked, already-half-submitted cache page.

When you get to the cache description, you haven't generated a new GC code, so you aren't making extra work for anybody by doing it this way.