Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Gill & Tony

... delete routes no longer needed

10 posts in this topic

I have created several routes over the past few months and I don't need them any more. Is there any way to delete them?

I've looked at the PQ > caches along a route > "Your Created Routes" and they are all listed, but I can't see any way to get rid of them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tony

I read about this recently, so I thought this was a good excuse to go check it out. :anicute:

In the list of your created routes, click the link of one of the routes you wish to delete. On its page, find a Delete link at the bottom of the page.

9f80a802-16d7-44fa-833c-fdf3d0a3a659.jpg

I've looked at the PQ > caches along a route > "Your Created Routes" and they are all listed, but I can't see any way to get rid of them.

Just click on the route name and you will find a button at the bottom of the next page to delete the route.

Hi,

Over years I have created a large number of routes. I do not need most of them any more. Opening them one by one, deleting them, is killing.

Is there a way to bulk-erase more routes by selecting them and hitting delete once?

Best regards, Peter

Hi,

Over years I have created a large number of routes. I do not need most of them any more. Opening them one by one, deleting them, is killing.

Is there a way to bulk-erase more routes by selecting them and hitting delete once?

Best regards, Peter

I don't know of one. Sorry. Perhaps you should suggest that as a feature in the website forum.

If you have a Garmin device, you can download and install Garmin's free BaseCamp. It will show all the waypoints, tracks and routes on the device and you can select multiples at a time and delete, copy, export, etc. Uses the standard Windows method of "click first item, shift-click last item and everything in between is selected". Also CTRL-Click to select multiples in a list that are not sequential. There is a version for both Mac and Windows.

Edited by JohnCNA

If you have a Garmin device, you can download and install Garmin's free BaseCamp. It will show all the waypoints, tracks and routes on the device and you can select multiples at a time and delete, copy, export, etc.[...]

We're talking about routes created on Groundspeak's Pocket Query page here.

Hans

Edited by HHL

On 11/8/2015 at 0:27 PM, Gill & Tony said:

Thanks for that, I knew there had to be a way.

It's still "bloody tedious"  when you have lots do delete.

Also Trying to search for one of your own routes does not seem to be do-able !

3 hours ago, Micknellie said:

[...]

Also Trying to search for one of your own routes does not seem to be do-able !

Go to: PQ Page (click here) Hit the tab Your Created Routes.

Hans