Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Tante.Hossi

Waymarking Tour Guides

10 posts in this topic

Hello folks!

Today I accidentally stumbled upon something curious that I had noticed a long time ago. We have a category 'Geocaching Tour Guides'. But none for 'Waymarking Tour Guides'!

Why exactly?

Shouldn't we have a own category for our own hobby??

Hmm, maybe "Waymark Sticker and Pin Seekers" is Waymarking variant of "Geocaching Tour Guides"?

People tour around to find waymarks? :unsure: Wow. You learn something new every day.

-- The Leprechauns

Owner of WM6 in "Geocaching Tour Guides" category

Approved: August 15, 2005

People tour around to find waymarks? :unsure: Wow. You learn something new every day.

-- The Leprechauns

Owner of WM6 in "Geocaching Tour Guides" category

Approved: August 15, 2005

Why not? This could be part of your tour. :anibad:

"Shouldn't we have a own category for our own hobby??"

We think this is a great idea. We do have waymarks in the Geocaching Tour Guide and the Pin and Sticker categories; where we do promote Waymarking.

We are often asked about Waymarking and have assisted several geocachers at events and answered their questions about Waymarking. We often do not mention Waymarking when attending an event, however our name is becoming more well known for Waymarking than Geocaching and we do get asked about our interest.

If you need assistance with this new category do not hesitate to contact us. If you need officers, count us in.

"Shouldn't we have a own category for our own hobby??"

We think this is a great idea. We do have waymarks in the Geocaching Tour Guide and the Pin and Sticker categories; where we do promote Waymarking.

We are often asked about Waymarking and have assisted several geocachers at events and answered their questions about Waymarking. We often do not mention Waymarking when attending an event, however our name is becoming more well known for Waymarking than Geocaching and we do get asked about our interest.

If you need assistance with this new category do not hesitate to contact us. If you need officers, count us in.

Thanks a lot. :anitongue:

Maybe I'll try to create a category.

I do not think that Geocaching Tour Guides is one of the greatest categories, and I do not think that we need another one of this kind.

Waymarking is about "mark and visit interesting and useful locations around the world". These categories do not really have a location, locationless waymarks do not make a lot of sense. Just because we do already have a couple of those categories does not mean we need more.

This category would not promote Waymarking, because when somebody would need assistance and initial aid to become a waymarker, then the Waymarking site is probably the last place they would find it.

I looked at the geocaching tour guides category and saw the visits were from the Waymark owner... :anicute:

Enough said. :anitongue:

I looked at the geocaching tour guides category and saw the visits were from the Waymark owner... :anicute:

"Enough Said" - Well not quite, you forgot to also mention that on the first two pages of waymarks in the Geocaching Tour Guides category there are over 90 unique visits not by the owners. Funny thing about statements, sometimes the obvious is overlooked to just make a point that could be misunderstood as fact.

"Enough Said" - Well not quite, you forgot to also mention that on the first two pages of waymarks in the Geocaching Tour Guides category there are over 90 unique visits not by the owners. Funny thing about statements, sometimes the obvious is overlooked to just make a point that could be misunderstood as fact.

If we visit our own Waymarks is one thing... posting a visit on our own geotour guide is just a little different.

I understand Waymarking is all about the numbers and filling grids to some, so Waymark however you choose. I just don't think another category to take yourself on a tour is needed. :lol: