Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Tante.Hossi

Swing Rides

7 posts in this topic

The carousels category has been reanimated and the first thing they did was declining my submission of a Swing Ride because they say it's not a real carousel.

So maybe it's time for a new category. I would be more happy if they could be included into the existing category. But the officer(s) don't want to.

I think those Swing Rides are a great thing. And they are worth value to be waymarked.

What do you think?

Interested in such a new category?

What about a more inclusive category for any Rides and Moving Attractions waymarks which cannot be put in an existing waymark category?

What about a more inclusive category for any Rides and Moving Attractions waymarks which cannot be put in an existing waymark category?

Inclusive categories are good. What kind of rides do you miss?

Hi Tante.Hossi,

all swing rides I know are located on 'Volksfesten' or 'Amusement Parks' and both have an own category. If they are operated with coins they fit into the 'Coin Operated Children's Rides'. So I'm not sure if we need a special category for it.

Regards,

-lumbricus

Well, I'm generally not in favor of catch-all categories that lump a bunch of loosely related things together, or those defined by, "everything else NOT included in an existing category." Then, as has been pointed out, most of these exist within amusement parks which are well covered, unlike carousels. With the wide variety of rides in these locations, it doesn't seem to make much sense to have more individual cats for different types of rides, or one cat for them all. Not everything in the world needs to be waymarked.

Not everything in the world needs to be waymarked.

I was right - it WAS Silverquill who said that.