New MacCaching/Explorist GC Issue?

Czarniecki314

I haven't decided if it's my exporist GC or mac that's going out the window but one of them is. I use MacCaching. I am able to move .loc files to it and make lists. For example I have a list called "Wednesday with Jay" because on Wednesday I'm going caching with my friend, Jay. I plug in my Magellan and it shows up. I click "to gps" and transfer this list (Wednesday with Jay). And everything looks fine. I open my GPS and click "geocaches" and it shows that there are none there. Uh? When I go into my GPS via the Magellan icon on my desktop it SHOWS THE CACHES. Anyone have any clue how I can fix this? My partner in weekly geocaching related crime has been creating our routes and we've been using his GPS because I'm having such a devil of a time figuring out wtf is going on with my GPS. HELP!

I don't use MacCaching, but I do use a Mac and an eXplorist. I just plug my eXplorist into the USB cord, copy the GPX files from a pocket query into the appropriate subdirectory of the eXplorist, and disconnect the USB cord.

I will try that again today. When I try to download/copy the GPX files I get a message that I don't have a "mac communicator" but when I download that it doesn't seem to do any good. Hopefully I can figure it out before taking off tomorrow!

I've written a guide to doing a Pocket Query and transferring the files to a Magellan GPS. It's written for Windows but unzipping the PQ files and putting them in GPS is the same process for a MAC or PC.

You can download the document (PDF) from the bottom of this page on my resource site. Please note, I also mention how to use Magellan's own software application, Vantage Point. This only works on Windows, not MAC.