attaching Travel bugs to objects

Justin Of Terrytown

Has anybody else ordered a toy on-line just so you can attach a travel bug too it and release it?

I am a big fan of the Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra series. I just ordered an Avatar Aang toy from amazon.com and order two travel bugs from Geocaching.com. I am planning on attaching one of the travel bugs to the Avatar Aang toy to release it.

I too am a fan of both series, I bought a toothless toy in kroger I have been been meaning to attach to a dragon themed trackable. I can do that tonight, so I got a proposition for you. Want to trade trackables by mail and send them out for each other? Sorta like a trackable mission. I live in south west ohio. (Maybe it would help spread your avatar trackables out...I personally like starting my trackables from diffrent starting areas.)

PM me if your interested.

Yes, I decided I wanted to release some TBs just to see what happens but I didn't want to attach the tags to anything too stealable. I've been wanting to do a penguin TB to go to Antarctica (because I have a thing about penguins) so I got a bag of assorted plastic sea creatures and am going to do a few other themed TBs. It's actually given me an idea for a new cache too so happy days.

I have released several TB with toys attached, and to date all but one has disappeared. Not sure if those who found them simply forgot they had them, or are collectors. The one that is still on the go has over 40,000 miles on it. It has gone from the Florida Everglades (where I released it), to the west coast, to Canada ( where I live) and is now in the Netherlands.

I think the success of how far a TB travels is related to those who find them and how fast they deposite it in the next cache. I'm about to release five more TB while I'm on a cruise next month. Good luck with yours.

Yes. We released Mommy Dearest and Bette Davis Eyes in 2004.

99ae5e65-82e2-4797-bc95-16317bf002c0.jpg

Bette Davis Eyes was missing for nine years, then showed up at an event in Florida this year. And was headed for Idaho last July.

Mommy Dearest disappeared from a cache in Minnesota in 2005. Supposedly went to the Boston Marathon in 2007. Never heard from again.

We attach TBs to Legos and release them. It's alot of fun and people seem to enjoy them. For instance, these guys have all gone to Europe:

Some, like President Business (TB78XVJ) just go straight across the county, LOL.

We've also had fun with Dispicable Me minions like Spooky Stuart (TB75ZRG).

My kids love it when I buy Legos for this and we call the legos that are going into the wild "goobers." My youngest likes to build the sets and I get to keep the "goobers" for geocaches. However, occasionally, he has to keep a "personal goober" that can't go into the caches.