Parity Geocoin - 3rd in the Tranquility series

GeocoinGuy

par·i·ty1

/ˈperədē/

noun

1. : the quality or state of being equal or equivalent.

Visual Euphoria Designs

presents

"PARITY"

(Third installment of the Tranquility series)

The Parity Geocoin is the third installment of the Tranquility series. This is a 50.8mm (2") round coin, 3.5mm thick. It features five (5) color rings on the obverse and 4 color rings on the reverse. The center motif on the front features the European and African continents along with Madagascar and the eastern Atlantic Ocean.

From a design point of view, it's a very complex coin - having a 3 level obverse and a 5 level reverse. There is also something new on the coin that the previous two (Tranquility and Circle of Four) did not have... embedded stones. Lots of stones... twelve (12) in all.

There are lavish borders and intricate design elements on both sides of the coin. The Four Elements are represented on both sides of the coin by way of gemstones on the obverse and symbols on the reverse. The obverse side features Earth, Air, Fire & Water by its corresponding precious gemstone (Gold, Emerald, Diamond & Ruby). Those elements are represented on the reverse by their symbols.

The third ring on the obverse is represented by our feathered friends from around the world. The bird ring will be prominent in raised metal. Ring number two features sheet music of a well known inspirational song that is not just from days past, but also lends itself to nighttime lullabys. (I intend on running a cointest on the title of the music, therefore will not reveal its title here). However, if you are able to read musical notes, please do not spoil the surprise.

The text on the reverse that I found most fitting is a beautiful quote by Ruth Bernhard, a German born American artist/photographer. It reads "The ground we walk on, the plants and creatures, the clouds above constantly dissolving into new formations - each gift of nature possessing its own radiant energy, bound together by cosmic harmony."

Surrounding the quote on the obverse are the elemental symbols on rings 2 & 3. Of course, Geocaching tracking is also on the reverse side of the coin. The recessed 16 wedge wheel on the reverse will be textured with basket weave on one side (Gritty #10) and waves on the other (Gritty #12), all of which will be under translucent enamel.

1.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg4.jpg

5.jpg

Just a quick look at the "Christmas" edition of Parity. This picture was sent to me by the mint at my request. I wanted to show you how exactly the mint enamels a coin. It's a tedious task that is taken upon by hand with a syringe. Each coin is handled individually (for those thinking that coins were a machine only process).

Parity-Christmas-Progress.jpg

Just a quick look at the "Christmas" edition of Parity. This picture was sent to me by the mint at my request. I wanted to show you how exactly the mint enamels a coin. It's a tedious task that is taken upon by hand with a syringe. Each coin is handled individually (for those thinking that coins were a machine only process).

Parity-Christmas-Progress.jpg

I would really like to have more pictures of the process. It so so hard to explain to non-coiners sometimes.. :rolleyes:

Seven new versions of Parity will be going on sale on Monday, Jan 11 at 12pm US Pacific Standard Time.

This post is to explain how the Parity Geocoins will be sold tomorrow. What we have done is created 'groups' of coins. You will be given an opportunity to purchase All new editions, some new editions or individual coins. How you choose to purchase is entirely up to you, but I suggest having a plan prior to entering the webstore.

The Parity geocoins are a pretty hot commodity, and so there will be limits as to what you will be able to put in your cart. There will be a total of 6 groups of Parity geocoins available. These groups will be limited to 1 per cart. There is some strategizing to be done, so plan accordingly. You'll see why when I break it down.

3 Group sets of 7 (new editions) will be available.

5 Regular edition only groups will be available.

16 groups (4 REs + 1 LE) will be available. 8 of these groups will have the Luzon edition, 8 will have the Phoenix edition.

5 groups (4 REs + 1 XLE) will be available. Obviously the 4 REs and the Fury XLE in this group.

5 groups (2 LEs + 1 XLE) will be available. This will contain the Limited/Extra Limited editions only.

Individual coin editions will also be activated when the groups of coins go live. As a friendly reminder, choose your purchases wisely - if you attempt to check out with more than 1 of any one group - the webstore will not allow you to check out, and that group of coins will become available to someone else.

This is the fairest way we could come up with to provide everybody with an equal opportunity to acquire these coins.

Good Luck and again, Parity goes on sale at NOON (12PM) US PACIFIC STANDARD TIME, Tomorrow!