Trying to ID a possible cacher

trowel32

Hi All,

I was hiking in Harriman State Park with 4wheelin_fool and we found an unpublished geocache in the Seven Hills section. Closest cache is Seven Hills Summit The cache we found was dedicated to a young man referred to as "Matty Dirt" who apparently passed away earlier this year, most likely in the late spring or summer.

The cache was a plastic ammo can filled with all different rubber duckies, which he apparently liked collecting, and there was a note stating that the cache was dedicated to him. Apparently he had a problem with either substance abuse and/or depression according to the note. They also said that they planted a Norway spruce nearby and gave coordinates for it, asking cachers to "pour one out" for him (water it) but we weren't able to locate it.

Just curious if anyone knows who this person might be or who hid it. I found his instagram page and tried to message one of his friends on Facebook but couldn't get in touch with her since I'm not on her "friends" list - her name on instagram is noneofurbiznass but I don't think that is a geocacher's name. I'm sure its the same "Matty Dirt" because one of the instagram posts mentions rubber duckies. The cache must have been hidden within the last 5-6 months, but I have a feeling it won't ever be published.