Release Notes (Website and app: Message Center) - October 23, 2015

Read previous Release Notes

Release Notes - October 23, 2015

Ready for your next installment of Message Center updates? We recently wrapped up work on a few biggies. You can now:

•  

• Reply to geocaching messages directly from your email!

• See images in Message Center email notifications.

Check out this blog post to see other updates we’ve made to the Message Center in the past few months.

Excellent improvement, thank you! :D

My little niggle is that the notification preference setting defaults to only sending emails after a 30 minute conversation inactivity, so subsequent test messages didn't come through until I thought to check it, but notwithstanding that little wrinkle, this is a very welcome MC/email integration move.

I tried it. If you reply by email, you get another email (containing your reply) from the message center! Please don't send the replies!

I didn't get the reply sent to me when I tested it. They either fixed it already, or perhaps you were using the same ID for testing?

Was there an update today [Nov 9] that triggers emails for "visited" logs on TBs?? I got a couple of them just now? And if they persist, without ability to adjust, I'll have to update my procmail rules to /dev/null them, because I sure have no interest to receive one email per visit of geocachers who check my TBs into every cache that they find along the ET Trail...

Was there an update today [Nov 9] that triggers emails for "visited" logs on TBs?? I got a couple of them just now? And if they persist, without ability to adjust, I'll have to update my procmail rules to /dev/null them, because I sure have no interest to receive one email per visit of geocachers who check my TBs into every cache that they find along the ET Trail...

I noticed the same issue. It seems to me like the email triggers got switched. I had an email a couple days ago that one of my TBs was marked missing. No further emails on that TB until today, suddenly I get a bunch of emails of someone "visiting" a number of caches with it. I was not notified when they grabbed it.

Yes, I got the same issue.

I logged Caches and let our personal coins visit them. I got an email for every visit of our personal coins.

Also, the sorting of the logs changed. Until today, the sorting on the Profile page was cacheLog - VisitLog - CacheLog - VisitLog. Since today, all TB visit logs are listed above the Cache logs.

Log sorting is not annoying, but getting mails from visits is!

Yes, I got the same issue.

I logged Caches and let our personal coins visit them. I got an email for every visit of our personal coins.

Also, the sorting of the logs changed. Until today, the sorting on the Profile page was cacheLog - VisitLog - CacheLog - VisitLog. Since today, all TB visit logs are listed above the Cache logs.

Log sorting is not annoying, but getting mails from visits is!

Both of these issues have been fixed as of this morning.