posted in error...dont read

dboggny

And now on it's third page!

Why can posts only be edited for 1440 minutes?

(Incidentally, it's not true ... despite the proclamation of the error message, one cannot edit messages that long after posting. And yes, it is obvious that 1440 minutes equals 24 hours ... so why not just say 24 hours?!? Do they have metric hours somewhere in the world?) icon_wink.gif

What precisely is the reason that posts that haven't been quoted/received responses can't be deleted?

(Because then threads like this wouldn't exist to provide entertainment and eat up storage space?)

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

Do they have metric hours somewhere in the world?) icon_wink.gif

I think in Switzerland they do. Or at least, Swatch might want you to think so. 24 hours would be 1,000 .beats.

----------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you be also be like him.

quote:
I'd like a piece without too much spam in it please.

Wife (shrieks): I don't like spam!

Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Vikings (singing): Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.

Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown out her words)

Vikings (singing): Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!

(Couldn't resist)

quote:
Originally posted by Countess2002:

Yahooooo! I am the 150th person who did NOT read this! icon_razz.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------

_"You're no verra sensible, Sassenach, but I like ye fine. Let's go."_

Countess,

I have a huge print of your avatar hanging in my apartment.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

quote:
Originally posted by sranddboggny.us:

oops. tried to post a reply, did this by mistake. you would think that eventually we would be allowed to somehow delete mistakes. oh well. i think this is BS myself but what can ya do.

icon_biggrin.gif HM, you WOULD think that eventually we would be allowed to somehow delete stupid threads....but then, NO ONE can say that we Northeasterners don't know how to have FUN ... and also be REALLY STUPID... at the same time.

Oh yeah ... PS ... it's alive again!! icon_razz.gif

"The hint says WHAT??"

quote:
Oh yeah ... PS ... it's alive again!!

I'm glad to see this topic is alive again, because I read it several months ago and never got around to adding anything to it because I couldn't think of anything interesting to say. I have since realized you don't have to say anything interesting in this topic to add to it.

(I also appreciate the fact that you can go directly to page 4 without having to go through all of the other pages first.)

Man, not only have I already posted to this thread, I thought it was a new one and read it again! And I had to wonder what the heck dogbone was doing posting to the forums when he said he swore off forums for good. Ack! I coulda been caching instead!

Cache you later,

Planet

So many caches, so little time.