Is there an ETA on better trackable logging?

xonewingx

I have a trackable I want to release, but knowing the awkwardness of the logging process I'd expect it to go missing pretty quick. Is there any ETA on the proposed logging changes?

I have a trackable I want to release, but knowing the awkwardness of the logging process I'd expect it to go missing pretty quick. Is there any ETA on the proposed logging changes?

Trackables go missing because people take them and don't put them back in caches. Sometimes it is accidental when people lose them, often it is intentional be it by muggles or geocachers wanting to keep the hitchhiker. Some newer cachers aren't very committed to the game and they simply take trackables for themselves.

Advice I would offer would be not to attach something really cool to the travel tag. Really cool items tend to disappear sooner.

I suppose revising the logging process might somehow encourage people be more prompt in their logging but that won't fix the true problem of people taking trackables and not returning them.

Trackables go missing because people take them and don't put them back in caches. Sometimes it is accidental when people lose them, often it is intentional be it by muggles or geocachers wanting to keep the hitchhiker. Some newer cachers aren't very committed to the game and they simply take trackables for themselves.

Honestly I think a significant factor is logging, I've looked when I found a trackable and was put off immediately since it was a confusing and awkward process. I can imagine people taking one and then not having the patience to work out what they are meant to do with it, particularly when you are only doing it to benefit someone else.

Honestly I think a significant factor is logging, I've looked when I found a trackable and was put off immediately since it was a confusing and awkward process. I can imagine people taking one and then not having the patience to work out what they are meant to do with it, particularly when you are only doing it to benefit someone else.

I'm sorry you found it difficult. I don't really know what to say about that. I have not heard about proposed logging changes.

I suspect many new geocachers are not invested in the game enough to figure out what to do. Maybe they don't notice the www.geocaching.com on the trackable, maybe they do but don't put forth the effort to look into it, or maybe they just don't care but they like the shiny object and decide to keep it.

I'm not sure that a revised logging process will motivate anyone who is not curious enough to find out what a trackable is all about.

OK, well that was quick....

http://www.geocaching.com/blog/2015/10/whats-next-for-geocaching-trackables/

But I still don't see how to do it on intro app..

EDIT: Ok found it, you have to click "search".

Okay, so you were talking about trackables using an app.

I wondered why it seemed so difficult. The only difficulty I've encountered is that some times the tracking code can be hard to see.

B.