Do your side streets disappear?

GrateBear

I'm using OpenStreetMaps on a Garmin Oregon 450. Last week, it was working fine. Yesterday, all the side streets on the map had disappeared, and only the main roads were showing. This has happened before, and shortly after, the side streets were back. Doesn't matter how far out or in (feet) the map is.

Anyone else have this happen, and/or know why?

I'm using OpenStreetMaps on a Garmin Oregon 450. Last week, it was working fine. Yesterday, all the side streets on the map had disappeared, and only the main roads were showing. This has happened before, and shortly after, the side streets were back. Doesn't matter how far out or in (feet) the map is.

Don't know exactly what you mean but you can set zoomlevel detail. You get more detail (smaller streets) as you zoom in on the map. The same goes for cache icons and POI's. Having to much detail when zoomed out clutters the map so you need to find the right balance that works best in your area.

Don't know exactly what you mean but you can set zoomlevel detail. You get more detail (smaller streets) as you zoom in on the map. The same goes for cache icons and POI's. Having to much detail when zoomed out clutters the map so you need to find the right balance that works best in your area.

That's the problem--no matter what the zoom level is, the side streets do not show. Whether I'm at 50' or 2000', all that shows are the main roads.

I have a 450 Oregon as well and I use Open Street Maps on it. I have experienced the same problem and it was my SD card. I replaced my SD card and downloaded new Open Street Maps maps to put on it and have had no problems since. I do update with new maps once a month to stay on top of any changes. Cheers. :rolleyes: