SouthCentral PA: event cache June 1 '02

MissJenn

quote:
Originally posted by smoochnme:

I hope there is something else soon. Maybe a bit more Northward? icon_wink.gif We are a growing bunch up here!

I have a feeling that there will be talk that day of trying to keep events like this going, so we'll keep you posted.

Sorry that you can't make it. icon_frown.gif

Hi all!

Give us a few days to 'cache' our breath & we'll see about placing a few of those caches (1 day) or otherwise at a spot or 2 in the immediate vicinity of the picnic area. That way, we all can partake of whatever strikes our fancy.

Sorry for any misunderstandings. We want this to be a fun day no matter what!

quote:
Originally posted by CCCooperAgency:

That way, we all can partake of whatever strikes our fancy.

Cool! Thanks.

ALSO, we now have 118 people signed up for this thing. icon_eek.gif Now, I know that, inevitably, surely, at least a few of those won't be able to show up for some reason, but the thing on our minds right now is seating. You might want to bring your own CHAIRS, in case all the picnic tables get filled before you get there. icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by MissJenn on May 28, 2002 at 03:41 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by CCCooperAgency:

That way, we all can partake of whatever strikes our fancy.

Cool! Thanks.

ALSO, we now have 118 people signed up for this thing. icon_eek.gif Now, I know that, inevitably, surely, at least a few of those won't be able to show up for some reason, but the thing on our minds right now is seating. You might want to bring your own CHAIRS, in case all the picnic tables get filled before you get there. icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by MissJenn on May 28, 2002 at 03:41 PM.]

Greetings Folks!

Two days until the picnic! Several caches have been placed in the park just for Saturday's big adventure.

There WILL NOT be enough picnic tables for everyone so please bring lawn or camp chairs if you have them.

Also, if anyone has horseshoes - please bring them. I dont know if anyone will play but I cant find my set ( bought at Walmart over the winter for $9.99 but $24 in May! )

We are up to 125+ people so there should be all sorts of good food, interesting people and tales of caching glory.

This is a certified 100% fun event - even if you have just discovered your addiction to geocaching - you are welcome to attend and enjoy the day.

We have a zillion doorprizes and the one day caches seem to be of different varieties so everyone should be able to score a few.

Also, if anyone is high-tech enough to have a laptop and a wireless modem...... just thinking that it would be high speed to be able to log your cache finds right from the pavilion! :-)

Setup starts around 9AM and most of the one day caches should be turned on by sunrise so feel free to come whenever.

See you soon!

PULASKI

icon_rolleyes.gif

Greetings Folks!

Two days until the picnic! Several caches have been placed in the park just for Saturday's big adventure.

There WILL NOT be enough picnic tables for everyone so please bring lawn or camp chairs if you have them.

Also, if anyone has horseshoes - please bring them. I dont know if anyone will play but I cant find my set ( bought at Walmart over the winter for $9.99 but $24 in May! )

We are up to 125+ people so there should be all sorts of good food, interesting people and tales of caching glory.

This is a certified 100% fun event - even if you have just discovered your addiction to geocaching - you are welcome to attend and enjoy the day.

We have a zillion doorprizes and the one day caches seem to be of different varieties so everyone should be able to score a few.

Also, if anyone is high-tech enough to have a laptop and a wireless modem...... just thinking that it would be high speed to be able to log your cache finds right from the pavilion! :-)

Setup starts around 9AM and most of the one day caches should be turned on by sunrise so feel free to come whenever.

See you soon!

PULASKI

icon_rolleyes.gif

Here's the question put to me tonight, do I want to work overtime on Saturday or not. Now, OT has been scarce for the last five months and, even though the money is not tight - there are bills.

There was no second thought - Hell No! I have a picnic to go to and a whole lot of new people to meet. The weather is supposed to be in the low 80's and low humidity.

See you all there and I am looking forward to meeting with Gav from NZ.

Sickticket icon_biggrin.gif

Here's the question put to me tonight, do I want to work overtime on Saturday or not. Now, OT has been scarce for the last five months and, even though the money is not tight - there are bills.

There was no second thought - Hell No! I have a picnic to go to and a whole lot of new people to meet. The weather is supposed to be in the low 80's and low humidity.

See you all there and I am looking forward to meeting with Gav from NZ.

Sickticket icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Sickticket:

Hell No! I have a picnic to go to and a whole lot of new people to meet.

Wahoo! I like that attitude!

I am in awe of the number of people signed up. Even if 50% do not show up, that is STILL more than I had ever anticipated.

Here is the list of brand new caches in the area.

[This message was edited by MissJenn on May 31, 2002 at 01:40 PM.]

Greetings!

Looking back at the picnic - three weeks, one new baby, and an army summer annual training later - I just want to publicly thank all those who helped with its planning, conduct and tear-down.

We had a great time and I am looking forward to seeing many of these folks again.

Sincerely, PULASKI