GeoArt Series South Africa

GlobalRat

They look good on a map, take lots of coordination bit can be a bit contrived if the cache is not hidden at the exact location of the cache marker, like an off set cache or heavens forbid a mystery cache that the final is not at the chords. Using a few different types of icon for viewing pleasure is also great so that's where those mystery caches come in.

Did not even know about the arrow of parrot so will have to check. It out. There is an awesome locomotive and airplane in the states that I can recall amongst other less impressive ones

They look good on a map, take lots of coordination bit can be a bit contrived if the cache is not hidden at the exact location of the cache marker, like an off set cache or heavens forbid a mystery cache that the final is not at the chords. Using a few different types of icon for viewing pleasure is also great so that's where those mystery caches come in.

Did not even know about the arrow of parrot so will have to check. It out. There is an awesome locomotive and airplane in the states that I can recall amongst other less impressive ones

Valid point re the image perhaps being somewhat contrived if they are not traditional caches, but one does still need to appreciate the effort involved. Hadn't thought of using the different icons to create what could be a fairly impressive picture. I do recall having seen the locomotive which was quite impressive and IIRC was mostly traditional caches. Just waiting for someone to place a series in the Karoo which turns out to be "Stop Fracking" or something.... you know where this could go!

• Upvote 1