Geocoin Festival event in Kraków, Poland

Murazor

Hello, Geocachers! It is the fifth time that I invite you to attend the "Ghostly King" series event. Together with the whole organizing team we are ready to welcome you in the beautiful city of Kraków (Eng. Cracow). The main topic of this event will be geocoins and other geocaching.com trackables.

Since 2013 the Cracow geocaching community cooperates with the Institute of Water Engineering and Water Mnagement of the Cracow University of Technology. Thanks to that cooperation it was possible to organize our event - as we did twice before - at the University campus, 24 Warszawska street. The main part of the event will take place in the GIL Gallery of the University (the main event coordinates).

The geocoin exposition - the main point of the event - will last from 14:30 to 19:00, that is four and a half an hour. There will be several hundred coins to see there. If you are a coin collector yourself and you wish to have your own table to show your collection or if you want to have your geocaching gadgets stall at the event, please contact me, Murazor, before March 31st to arrange things. Of course all the participants will have an opportunity to expose their coins to each other by the public tables available.

Maybe this is a good time to visit Poland and do some geocaching there? You have almost half a year for planning... There is a lot to do for a cacher near Kraków. We have a lot of geocaches in scenic sightseeing locations, a heterogeneous trail along the banks of the Vistula river, several quality Wherigo scenarios, a number of urban EarthCaches - just to name a few. You are welcome to spend a few days with us!

Note - this event is not going to be a Mega, but judging from previous years attendance I count on 250-300 participants.

Edited by Murazor

Yeah, there surely will be a lot of fun at the event. And Kraków is worth visiting no matter is there an event there or not both for caching and for muggle tourism. What I guess it is better to visit it out of the peak vacation season - April is a good time: usually the weather is OK and he crowds are not so annoying as they are from May to September.

Hi there! It is a little more than one month till our geocoin exhibition event:

If by a chance you will be near Kraków, or if you are willing to come to meet us on purpose B) you are most welcome! Judging from the current will attend logs and the activity on the FB event page we expect around 300 people to arrive. There will be the Cache Corner shop stall at the event; well, the hosts of the GeocointFest EU 2016 are going to visit us.

By the way: the more coins on the exhibition - the better for the event! So I have a kind request for trackable donations to the event. If you have any spare geocoins or trackable tags that you would not mind to donate - please send me a PM. The donated trackables may be inactivated or activated - for adoption. Some of the inactivated ones may then be used as prizes in the event contests. The donors may be listed in the event announcements and listing or they may remain anonymous as they wish. I'd be very grateful for any donated trackable.