Delete log entries with comment

XenSuo

I miss the opportunity to post a comment why do I delete the log from my Cache.

For example, in double Logs.

This saves some mail traffic ;-)

XenSuo

I don't quite get what you mean... If you want to know how to delete a log from your cache, you just have to go to your geocache's listing and on each log you'll find a "View Log". After you click it you'll be redirected to the log's page and here you'll find a red trash can. Click it to delete a log.

In case you want to delete duplicate logs of yours, check this Groundspeak help article: https://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=550

How to delete logs I know,

but I want to inform the concerned why do I delete.

I have only the red trash can and the user receives an email that the log was cleared.

It would be good if in this mail a comment is why the log was removed.

Was also just an idea

So how is it with this trivial one? At least "we have it in our backlog" if not implement it directly tonight. It really does not require database structure change. You ALREADY DO SEND the e-mail to the owner of the deleted log, so just add the information from a text input to it. :antenna:

Edited by Pontiac_CZ

I was going to post a new thread suggesting this, but since it's already here, I'm bumping this thread.

It makes no sense that as a CO I have to specify a reason for deleting a photo that someone added to their log on my cache, but I don't have to specify any reason for deleting the find itself.

@Moun10Bike or another Groundspeak employee that covers feature requests: Please restore, or recreate, this option.  It can save the first step of the finder's, reviewer's, or lackey's response, which is invariably going to be, "Hey, why did that guy delete that find?"

• Upvote 4