Library caches

ronbo

I could take your request in one of two different ways. Are you having trouble finding the caches themselves when in the libraries, or having trouble finding a list of caches that are located in libraries?

If the latter, the word 'library' might not be enough. For example, here's an entire series of 26 local ones that use "DPL", the abbreviation for Denver Public Library http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=4efd5f25-29bc-4089-9969-88a378708443

I could take your request in one of two different ways. Are you having trouble finding the caches themselves when in the libraries, or having trouble finding a list of caches that are located in libraries?

If the latter, the word 'library' might not be enough. For example, here's an entire series of 26 local ones that use "DPL", the abbreviation for Denver Public Library http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=4efd5f25-29bc-4089-9969-88a378708443

Thanks. Trying to get some ideas to hide a library cache at my library.

Work with the library staff, and make sure they are aware of the cache. Assuming you've already got permission to place a cache there.

You could seek the advice of people who have already placed caches in libraries.

Here are 2 library caches:

http://coord.info/GC5WXBK (multicache with a field puzzle)

http://coord.info/GC3EJ48 (a puzzle/mystery cache with a field puzzle)

B.

Step one Decide on the design i.e. do you want it to be something that can hold trackables? a book style cash box would work there. Or are you just going for a logbook? A notebook with home made cover would work there.

Step 2 (or Alt. step 1 if you wish) go to the library ask to speak to whoever is responsible for the library and ask if you can hide a geocache in the reference section (it's easier if you can show them what you will be hiding hence step one)

Step 3 place cache and submit for publication.

Step one Decide on the design i.e. do you want it to be something that can hold trackables? a book style cash box would work there. Or are you just going for a logbook? A notebook with home made cover would work there.

Step 2 (or Alt. step 1 if you wish) go to the library ask to speak to whoever is responsible for the library and ask if you can hide a geocache in the reference section (it's easier if you can show them what you will be hiding hence step one)

Somewhere in there, you have to make sure that accurate GPS coordinates are an integral part of the cache design.

Somewhere in there, you have to make sure that accurate GPS coordinates are an integral part of the cache design.

And check that there isn't another geocache within 528 feet, such as outside the library or in the library parking lot.

If accurate GPS coords are hard to acquire, then perhaps the cache could be listed as a Multi or Letterbox Hybrid.

Edited by noncentric