Spring has sprung not in a great way though

Last Lap Gang

It is sad to see but I have personally had one had taken and have read of disappearances of others caches as well as most all ietms of a theme taken from cache and the cache left empty with only paper work. I am new top the hobby since December and love it tremedously and cache as responsibly as I can. It is just a shame that it seems others read the disclaimers and do the exact opposite. Has this happened in the other years? The Spring brings out all the crowds and I guess certian people who like to destroy others games at thier whimsy. At least in Pennsylvania I had a ranger contact me and save my cache as it was a borderline plant where the rules were not clear. He cleared it up for me but was very nice about the whole deal and respected the hobby. Sorry to be so dour but I have noticed the trend in the past few weeks.

Wags, Russ & Erin

It's to be expected.

Although it is possible that a geocacher trashed your cache, it is also likely that a geomuggle did it. There are so many people participating in this activity now that there are bound to be a few bad apples amung us. It's a shame, but that's reality.

In Maryland, recently, geocachers have not only been trashing caches, but the evironment as well. Lakemaster deactivated on of his caches after just such an occurance. I spoke to him about it after reading his article at www.mdgps.net, and his disgust for the geocachers who committed that atrocity was apparent.

I hope it isn't the Fast Food Nation cache that got trashed, cause that's a great themed cache.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.

-Ambrose Bierce, writer (1842-1914)

There has been alot of cache plundering in my area. (PA). I had several ideas for my first hide, but i don't trust my locations now. I'll eventually hide one when I figure out a good concealed way to do it. Oh well.

"The more I study nature, the more I am amazed at the Creator."

- Louis Pasteur