Need help with my Garnin Etrex 10

odelo

Hi all...I am new to Geocaching..one week old :) I've been using google maps on my android to search caches but battery uses up fast. I have a Garmin Etrex 10 that I've been trying to program and use the map and the compass but i just can't figure it out. I need to sit down with someone who is familiar with this unit and go over how it works with me...maybe an hour or so? I'll buy the coffee...I'm in Orleans but can travel across town for a crash course or should I say a cache course....If anyone can help me out u can email me at clegault@sympatico.ca or call my cel/text at 613-301-8555...my phone will be charging!!! Thx

oh I see nobody has replied, I'm disappointed because I was bought one for my 32nd birthday last week and I'm now on here searching how to use the dadgum thing. I hope someone replies soon, my caching bug needs feeding fast!! if you do manage to work it out I would be very grateful if you could help me. email me at lucylowndes@gmail.com

:)

I can't help at all, as although I have an etrex 10 ... I'm never sure exactly how to use it ... sometimes it works brilliantly, and others times does nothing! but I'm sure that is down to user error, as I'm not very technically minded! i do find that the more i use it at a time, the more i seem to understand what I'm doing!

I found it easiest to add the GC codes using the USB cable and just go from there! then, when you are in an area you have saved caches for, they come up as the next nearest/closest cache ( can't remember actual wording )

when i started using mine, i searched the groudspeak forum for all threads about etrx 10 and went from there!

good luck!

First thing to do is to read the owner's manual. (NOT the quick-start one.)

http://static.garmin.com/pumac/eTrex_10-20-30_OM_EN.pdf

The next thing to do is to ask specific questions. What exactly are the problems you're having?

Then do a search of the forums for any other threads about this gps.

Without specific questions, we can only guess as to what problems you're having.

B.