Cachebot for iPhone and iPad

Hey,

my Geocaching app for iPhone and iPad called Cachebot is now available on the App Store for free. Whether you’re a beginner or a professional geocacher, Cachebot is for you. In addition to all basic geocaching tasks, Cachebot features:

• Push Notifications ∙ Cachebot sends you instant push notifications as soon as a new cache is published so you’ll never miss the chance for a FTF again.
  • Organize Caches in Lists ∙ Create a list with all the caches for the next tour or keep track of the caches you still have to log. Caches in lists are available offline.
  • Additional Waypoints ∙ You’ll love doing multi caches with Cachebot because entering new waypoints is super easy and fast with the special coordinate keyboard.
  • Pocket Queries ∙ Download Pocket Queries onto your device so you have access to all of your geocaches when there’s no internet connection.
  • Custom Search ∙ Search for specific caches that meet a certain criteria. You can filter by difficulty and terrain rating as well as by cache type, size, and favorite points.
  • Precise Navigation ∙ The navigator precisely guides you to the next target location. Switch to the map view to get an overview on what the best path is to get there.
  • Elegant User Interface ∙ Cachebot provides a clean and elegant user interface. Despite its many features, it’s intuitive and easy to use.

Not all features are enabled in the free version of Cachebot. To unlock all features, you can buy Cachebot Pro, which is a one-time in-app purchase. Have a look at the website http://cachebot.io/.

I’m looking forward to reading your comments!

–Thomas

Hey,

my Geocaching app for iPhone and iPad called Cachebot is now available on the App Store for free. Whether you’re a beginner or a professional geocacher, Cachebot is for you. In addition to all basic geocaching tasks, Cachebot features:

• Push Notifications ∙ Cachebot sends you instant push notifications as soon as a new cache is published so you’ll never miss the chance for a FTF again.
  • Organize Caches in Lists ∙ Create a list with all the caches for the next tour or keep track of the caches you still have to log. Caches in lists are available offline.
  • Additional Waypoints ∙ You’ll love doing multi caches with Cachebot because entering new waypoints is super easy and fast with the special coordinate keyboard.
  • Pocket Queries ∙ Download Pocket Queries onto your device so you have access to all of your geocaches when there’s no internet connection.
  • Custom Search ∙ Search for specific caches that meet a certain criteria. You can filter by difficulty and terrain rating as well as by cache type, size, and favorite points.
  • Precise Navigation ∙ The navigator precisely guides you to the next target location. Switch to the map view to get an overview on what the best path is to get there.
  • Elegant User Interface ∙ Cachebot provides a clean and elegant user interface. Despite its many features, it’s intuitive and easy to use.

Not all features are enabled in the free version of Cachebot. To unlock all features, you can buy Cachebot Pro, which is a one-time in-app purchase. Have a look at the website http://cachebot.io/.

I’m looking forward to reading your comments!

–Thomas

I've been using this app and paid for the Pro version and so far I really enjoy using it. I recently moved back over to an iPhone from Android so I was looking for something which would take the place of c:geo. One question I have so far is when logging a cache find I've been unable to find any options to also log any travel bugs or trackables as visiting the cache as well. I've had to manually go back on the Geocaching.com website to edit my post and add in the visit.

Is this an option I'm missing somewhere in the app or does it not (yet) exist?

Thanks!

Gave this a test today - @sgtcasey saying that it was similar to c:geo in functionality really got me interested.

Much better to use than the official app, and was indeed similar to c:geo in terms of how it worked. (Well, legally worked in this case!). My sticking point was the compass, though. When approaching GZ, app said I was 110 yards away, so started walking. 20 seconds later it finally updated to say I was now 60 yards away. Another several seconds went by without it changing, and suddenly I was 37 yards away. Kept walking, frowning at the direction arrow which hadn't changed, and suddenly I was 12 yards beyond it. Hopped around the cache until I stopped using the directions, and pored through the log for location clues - ideally not the way I want to get the smilies, I gotta say.

If the compass update was smooth and real time like c:geo's. (Also desperately miss using that with the third-party “GPS Status & Toolbox” but that's a whole other thing) this would be a winner, I'd happily plunk the $4.99 for Premium.

When approaching GZ, app said I was 110 yards away, so started walking. 20 seconds later it finally updated to say I was now 60 yards away. Another several seconds went by without it changing, and suddenly I was 37 yards away. Kept walking, frowning at the direction arrow which hadn't changed, and suddenly I was 12 yards beyond it.
That sounds like the behavior I've seen when my phone starts with an approximate location based on cell tower triangulation and wifi networks, and then gradually refines that location as it gets a GPS lock.
When approaching GZ, app said I was 110 yards away, so started walking. 20 seconds later it finally updated to say I was now 60 yards away. Another several seconds went by without it changing, and suddenly I was 37 yards away. Kept walking, frowning at the direction arrow which hadn't changed, and suddenly I was 12 yards beyond it.
That sounds like the behavior I've seen when my phone starts with an approximate location based on cell tower triangulation and wifi networks, and then gradually refines that location as it gets a GPS lock.

Yeah, I've encountered similar behaviour, but not to that extent - and did the same thing with three different caches, never really resolved.