Allegheny National Forest

Roary and Willy

Just wondering why there haven't been more caches hidden in Pennsylvania's Allegheny National Forest? The ANF is a great place for hiking, boating, fishing, swimming, camping, hunting, rock climbing...you get the idea. I've been hiding caches since last August to try to promote the NE PA area and I want to encourage other geocachers in my area to do the same!

I just found "The Lonesome Drummer" cache this week and thought the same thing about the ANF. I also wondered if geocaching is allowed on National Forest? It is not allowed on NPS lands.

I have been "eyeballing" several of your caches recently and was considering a run up your way tomorrow. Visiting new caches and picking up Travel Bugs always interests me. By the way, did the finder of your one TB log it yet?

Keep um coming!

Smoochnme

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day...

Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime"

Nope, nothing on the TB yet. I just saw the Lonesome Drummer cache on the site the other day and was thinking that it looked like a really cool hunt. I have a couple more caches all ready to hide but I just have to find the "right" spot. Keep checking, I should have them posted and ready to go in a few weeks.

Good luck geocaching tomorrow, should be a good day for it!

Leoslan's Paw

"I will touch a thousand flowers and not pick one." -Byron