GS redeem gift card ate my card

Tried to redeem a Premuim Member Gift Card:

The site seems to have "eaten my card" ... offered no further guidance as to completing the redemption process. In fact the site directed me to a recurring payment window to update my information.

Did my gifter get ripped off???

Attempts to navigate through the site involved a never ending web of circumlocution.

I post here out of frustration.

I recently renewed my membership using a gift card. Was quite a challenge. I had to cancel my 'recurring auto-payment' and then select 'renew'. Doing that allowed me to pay for renewal using the gift card. I renewed a few days before my expiration date. Of course, now I'm not set-up for auto-renewal, so will have to remember that next year.

I recently redeemed a gift card--GS told me that I had to let my premium membership expire before using it, and that was indeed the case. I couldn't use it even a day early.

Which, of course, will negate your Charter membership if you are one. I have taken to paying early every year to avoid the inevitable pain if anything -- anything at all -- goes wrong.

Thanks to all who have logged in. I appreciate the information and suggestions. (some of which I attempted ... I find the "help / contact us" site to me among the most unfriendly sites I have stumbled upon).

To Fizzy, We will have to hit that Taqueria again next time AKite Flier hits the west coast.

Thanks again to all who have offered suggestions.

Edited by humboldt flier

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, UPDATE

The kid gifted me the $30.00 Premium Membership gift card. Attempts to redeem it seemed to have swallowed it whole.

NO WAY for the end user to determine whether redemption was successful (that I could find)

"Contact Us Feature" is one massive circumlocution.

Fast forward to 10/16/15 time to renew my Premium:

Debit Card was tapped for the appropriate $30.00 fee ... KEWEL my premium membership rolls on "DAT'S GOOD".

Cost of this years Premium Membership:

one devoured gift card $30.00

one account debit $30.00

TOTAL: --------------------------- $60.00

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, does that give me a SILVER or GOLD PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP

Simply got to love the day sometimes.