New premium member question.

Twistedflax

The 8 finds were on the premium account on the phone. Went for a secret walk during work time. Got paid to geocache, don't tell no one. ? Plus my name and email are the only thing that appears on all devices. So they are linking it's just annoying I can't use all features at home as well as on the phone.

Your account posting shows as basic member, and 8 finds. I'm going to bet you bought the premium account on your phone? And I'll guess that you may have upgraded to the paid app rather than the premium account.

The OP paid £24 (that's about $36 to you US folk) so it wouldn't have been for the paid app as that is only £10.

How many finds do you think you should have Twistedflax altogether?

Surely if a second account had been created they would not have let you have Twistedflax as a user name as that would of already been taken.

I've only just joined so only have 9 finds. It might say 10 as one doubled posted today for some reason.

In that case, perhaps you do have only one account.

If you were signed into your TwistedFlax account when you bought the premium membership, and if you've confirmed that the £24 payment was actually processed and the money transferred out of your account...then you should have PM status. There could be payment or technical issues that cause problems: http://support.Groun...=kb.page&id=583

If it's not a payment problem, then you should probably contact Groundspeak to inquire about the situation.

When your account (TwistedFlax) has Premium Member status, then you'll have that status on any device you log into. You may have to logout and log back in the first time though.

Also when checking the authorisation on the website while being signed in it tells me my android phone is linked. Again this is the only device that says I'm a premium member.

I don't understand this part. Are you checking the authorization within the Geocaching Intro App, or within Geocaching.com?

I'm not familiar with any place that would say an Android phone is "linked". I have an Android with the Geocaching Intro App installed, and don't understand how the app or website would show my phone is linked.

here's an easy test. On your phone, which shows you as a Premium Member, can you see a cache named "Grail Quest – Bedwyr"? It is on the same trail you walked yesterday.

If you walked along the trail, you would pass (in order):

"Pat's Cache - Bluebell Woods"

"Pat's Cache - Cover Crop"

"Leas Lane"

"Grail Quest – Bedwyr"

"Nutty Nano Rides Again"

If your phone shows all of these, except "Grail Quest - Bedwyr"...then your phone is not reflecting a Premium Member status. Your phone might not show the two "Pat's Cache" caches if the app settings for "Hide my Finds" is checked.

Thanks everyone for the help so far. It's been great. As for the premium finds. I can see them all. I believe one or two of my finds are premium only as my friend at work can't see/log them on his free account.

As for the authorisation check, that is via the website. My currently sees my ipad and phone is linked with my account.

The only thing I haven't seen yet is the payment coming from my bank. I shall check again today. ?

Thanks everyone for the help so far. It's been great. As for the premium finds. I can see them all. I believe one or two of my finds are premium only as my friend at work can't see/log them on his free account.

None of the 9 caches you've found are premium caches.

As for the authorisation check, that is via the website. My currently sees my ipad and phone is linked with my account.

The authorization check has nothing to do with Basic or Premium membership. There is an authorization in Account Settings that will show the app is linked to your account, but that doesn't mean your account is Premium.

The only thing I haven't seen yet is the payment coming from my bank. I shall check again today.

You'll usually receive an email when you become a PM as well, so if you haven't received an email then it's most likely that the charge didn't go through. If that's the case, then try purchasing the Premium Membership again. Maybe do it via computer, instead of through your phone.

The only thing I haven't seen yet is the payment coming from my bank. I shall check again today. ?

The free app won't show all basic member caches, so that's not a good test. Check from the actual website.

Either way since it seems you should have PM and don't, and we've seemingly exhausted all the tests, you should contact Groundspeak.

Again I thank everyone for the help. It looks like they were waiting for the payment to clear. I believe it is now saying I'm a premium member.

May all your finds be wonderful.

Yup, your profile page now shows you to be a Premium Member:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?id=14485050

You need to log out of the forum and then back in, for that to show on the forum. It should say "Premium Members" where it says "group".

Perks of being a PM:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=5

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol