Marking Mystery Caches

Lady_Jac

Mystery caches will appear on the larger overall map if using the Search function for an area. Of course, this presumes that the listed coords have been corrected in the cache listings.

Play -> Find a Geocache -> Enter city -> Search -> Map These Results -- Mystery question marks appear at the 'corrected' coords.

Play -> View Geocache Map -- Mystery question marks appear at the original 'listed' coords.

Mystery caches will appear on the larger overall map if using the Search function for an area. Of course, this presumes that the listed coords have been corrected in the cache listings.

Play -> Find a Geocache -> Enter city -> Search -> Map These Results -- Mystery question marks appear at the 'corrected' coords.

Play -> View Geocache Map -- Mystery question marks appear at the original 'listed' coords.

Sorry for the late reply, I only just checked back on this. Thank you so much just tried it and that'll just make planning a bit easier. :)

Edited by Lady_Jac

Either I still couldn't figure out how to do this properly, or there appears to be a bug in the system:

1) On the website I click on a particular mystery cache

2) then I select "correct these coordinates"

3) I enter the correct coordinates and click save

4) I return to the iPhone app, open this cache, select "refresh geocache data"...

...and the Geocache coordinates have NOT BEEN UPDATED. Neither on the map, nor in the cache description.

I go back to the website, search for the cache and it is still at the original (incorrect) place - it HASN'T BEEN UPDATED, despite that the cache coordinates on the detail page correctly show the new location.

To me this really appears to be a bug, or is it just me?

Either I still couldn't figure out how to do this properly, or there appears to be a bug in the system:

1) On the website I click on a particular mystery cache

2) then I select "correct these coordinates"

3) I enter the correct coordinates and click save

4) I return to the iPhone app, open this cache, select "refresh geocache data"...

...and the Geocache coordinates have NOT BEEN UPDATED. Neither on the map, nor in the cache description.

I go back to the website, search for the cache and it is still at the original (incorrect) place - it HASN'T BEEN UPDATED, despite that the cache coordinates on the detail page correctly show the new location.

To me this really appears to be a bug, or is it just me?

After you enter the coordinates, you need to click Submit, and then you need to click Accept. If you don't click Accept, then your new coordinates will not be used.

If the cache detail page shows the corrected coordinates (they will be italicized), then whether the Mystery cache shows in the correct location or not depends on what map you're looking at. See my earlier post.

Not sure about the iPhone, as I'm an Android user.

Absolutely, I'm entering the corrected coordinates on the site, click submit, then accept.

Afterwards the cache detail page will show the corrected coordinates and the little map also shows the correct location.

However, my iPhone official Geocaching App as well as the Groundspeak web search STILL shows the WRONG LOCATION.

It's of little use if the coordinates are only correct on the cache page, as this is not used when out caching.

I hope Groundspeak could take a look at this bug and fix it, it would be enormously useful.