Car Sticker Trackables

g0nnag3tcha2day

Does anyone know how the car sticker trackables work. If i buy one and put it on my car can people pull it off and move it along, or do they log it on there device and say that they have seen it?

It all depends, some may "retrieve" your car and "drop" it somewhere else :lol:

Like any other TB, people just log "discovered" online after seeing the code on your car.

Good luck trying to peel my travel bug sticker off of my vehicle. Search trackables by name for GOCACHR. It is a custom made vinyl sticker that measures about 4 foot long.

Skye.

Wow! That's probabily the biggest TB I have ever seen! Is the code located on the other side of the car?

For the picture, I left the code off. That is to help prevent arm-chair logging. I have identical stickers on both sides of the vehicle.

Skye.

Does anyone know how the car sticker trackables work. If i buy one and put it on my car can people pull it off and move it along, or do they log it on there device and say that they have seen it?

It all depends, some may "retrieve" your car and "drop" it somewhere else :lol:

<...>

This is actually a useful feature. I just tried it, and it works.

I parked my car at my office this morning, and rode to a meeting with a coworker. Afterward, he told me that he was going directly home as he didn't feel well. There I was, stuck across town.

I went back inside, logged on to the GC site, "retrieved" my car as you suggested and "dropped" it in a cache about a block from the meeting site.

Walked down the street, and there it was. Perfect.

Thanks for suggestion, On4bam!

I know this thread is from a while ago but I am actually quite confused about these car stickers. It came with a code on it that we had to use to activate it but then it gave a new code that is the one we actually need to track it. What's the point of the code on the sticker if that's not the one that people need? Can people search for then using the code that's actually on the sticker? It has already been activated, trackable code number TB744XJ. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I know this thread is from a while ago but I am actually quite confused about these car stickers. It came with a code on it that we had to use to activate it but then it gave a new code that is the one we actually need to track it. What's the point of the code on the sticker if that's not the one that people need? Can people search for then using the code that's actually on the sticker? It has already been activated, trackable code number TB744XJ. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Trackables have two codes, a public "Reference Number" on its page that you may safely publish (yours is TB744XJ), and a Tracking Number that allows people to submit logs, which is the number on the sticker.

See this: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=161

Edited by kunarion

When I search for my trackable by name it doesn't show up, does anyone know why? The name is "Vehicle Travel Bug", not too original, hahaha. Thanks

I got search results of 204 TB's with a similar name. Didn't see your username when scanning through the "Owner" column, but maybe I just missed it.

On your homepage, there is a "Trackable Items (Yours)" section. Does the TB not show up when you click on "yours" in that section?

I also have a question on initially setting up a traveler. I tried to set up a new car sticker with the code and it does appear in "TrackableItems (Yours)" but when I look at the TB page the only actions that show up are "Move to Last Location", "Recalculate Distance" or "Lock". If non-owners look at the TB page using the number on the sticker will it show them other actions? If not, did I set it up incorrectly? Do you think I can just put it on my car and boogie around until someone logs it? I just want to make sure it's set up so if/when someone does try to log it in, what they see in the system will be correct. Thank You!

I also have a question on initially setting up a traveler. I tried to set up a new car sticker with the code and it does appear in "TrackableItems (Yours)" but when I look at the TB page the only actions that show up are "Move to Last Location", "Recalculate Distance" or "Lock". If non-owners look at the TB page using the number on the sticker will it show them other actions? If not, did I set it up incorrectly? Do you think I can just put it on my car and boogie around until someone logs it? I just want to make sure it's set up so if/when someone does try to log it in, what they see in the system will be correct. Thank You!

It looks fine. You've set it up for the most flexibility in making logs. Cachers seeing your sticker can log "Discovered", an option you won't have on your screen, but others see. When you drive to a cache, you have the option to log a "Visit" if you wish, when making the cache log, as with any Trackable.

Edited by kunarion

I put one on our car a few years ago. We don't have much luck with cachers spotting it unless I give them a nudge. But then I forget to look in car parks and the likes when we are travelling about and parking in different places. ? I like the story a while back on the forum where a police officer followed a car into a motorway service area because he had noticd a TB on the car window but could not get close enough to get the tracking number, I liked that story ?

a police officer followed a car into a motorway service area because he had noticd a TB on the car window but could not get close enough to get the tracking number

Did he also set up a roadblock with spike strips? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My car TB is designed to be quiet. There's no sticker nor number in view. You'd have to walk past with Chirp enabled and detect it without knowing there's a TB to discover (actually it's a Geocoin and you get a cool rare coin logo for your trouble). I mainly use it to Visit cool places. But I also use it to show people the intricacies of Chirp operation.

So when cops follow me, it's because they saw me wandering around in the wooded area or messing with a guard rail. :anicute:

a police officer followed a car into a motorway service area because he had noticd a TB on the car window but could not get close enough to get the tracking number

Did he also set up a roadblock with spike strips? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My car TB is designed to be quiet. There's no sticker nor number in view. You'd have to walk past with Chirp enabled and detect it without knowing there's a TB to discover (actually it's a Geocoin and you get a cool rare coin logo for your trouble). I mainly use it to Visit cool places. But I also use it to show people the intricacies of Chirp operation.

So when cops follow me, it's because they saw me wandering around in the wooded area or messing with a guard rail. :anicute:

I like chirp ones. There are only 2 local to us and we got both of them. That sounds a good idea you have with the chirp. Wish I was nearer to try for it ☺️

It looks fine. You've set it up for the most flexibility in making logs. Cachers seeing your sticker can log "Discovered", an option you won't have on your screen, but others see. When you drive to a cache, you have the option to log a "Visit" if you wish, when making the cache log, as with any Trackable.