entering co-ords in phone app

BAMBOOZLE

Can you manually enter co-ords to create a waypoint in the paid GS phone app and if so how do you do it ?

Same question re Geosphere ?

From Geosphere you can add related waypoints from the cache page, and you can add new waypoints or caches from the offline list page. Use the button on the top right of the offline list with the arrow from the box and choose add cache or waypoint button. I used that In preparing for an upcoming trip to add waypoints of places we will want to visit that do not have caches. It makes it easy to get an overview for the day and to use one of the navigation apps (such as here or Navigon) that I linked to each page.

It's been a long time since I used the Groundspeak app. I know you can add waypoints that are linked to particular caches but I don't think you can add separate waypoints. I could be wrong though.. . . It has been a long time.

Can you manually enter co-ords to create a waypoint in the paid GS phone app and if so how do you do it ?

Same question re Geosphere ?

From Geosphere you can add related waypoints from the cache page, and you can add new waypoints or caches from the offline list page. Use the button on the top right of the offline list with the arrow from the box and choose add cache or waypoint button. I used that In preparing for an upcoming trip to add waypoints of places we will want to visit that do not have caches. It makes it easy to get an overview for the day and to use one of the navigation apps (such as here or Navigon) that I linked to each page.

It's been a long time since I used the Groundspeak app. I know you can add waypoints that are linked to particular caches but I don't think you can add separate waypoints. I could be wrong though.. . . It has been a long time.

Yes, I did it on Geosphere....thanks also for the additional tips.

Finally coming over to the smart phone dark side, Bam? ?

Someone contacted me who runs summer camps and they want to incorporate geocaching into their activities. I suggested for starters they put out " non official " caches as waypoints for the kids to find. IPhone use was discussed and while I have found caches ( very few ) with the GS app and Geosphere I couldn't figure how to place a waypoint with either.

In general, I am very slowly coming up to speed on my iPhone :unsure: