Armchair Waymarking Category

T0SHEA

You do not need to leave the comforts of your home.

Reduce your greenhouse gas emissions, save money, save fuel, never buy another camera or GPSr again. NO snow tires or FWDs required!!

Since there is a proposal for "Drive By Waymarking", this should make a nice "companion" category.

Our proposal is to create a Waymarking category which requires that you NOT leave your armchair and the comforts of home. No more rainy days or too hot days or cold of winter, buried in snow or blizzard days. Now you can waymark 24/7/365, right at home.

You can use pictures from any image hosting website, like Photobucket, Flickr, Shutterbug, Facebook, Panoramio, etc. anything goes: if you can find it you can use it in this new category. You can even use other waymarkers' photos. Use any of your own photos and your submission will be declined.

No brain surgery here, no creative thought or ingenuity required. In fact it is so easy, no long description is required and in the brief description all you need is "waymark" or "Here Is" (Not more than two words) Unfortunately, you will have to provide a title, (just [*] works, but do not use the brackets), coordinates (no one cares here if they are correct or not), and country, (just pick one and state or province or whatever is to your liking, just pick any ole one). No one will know the difference and who cares anyway.

Restrictions:

1. NO Google street views and NO drive by waymarks as this is already a proposed category.

2. NO ORIGINAL PHOTOS ALLOWED (those taken by you)

3. You cannot leave home

4. No long description, limit two words in the short description

If it is suspected that you have left home and have actually visited the waymarked location - YOUR WAYMARK WILL BE DENIED.

Edited by BK-Hunters

You do not need to leave the comforts of your home.

Reduce your greenhouse gas emissions, save money, save fuel, never buy another camera or GPSr again. NO snow tires or FWDs required!!

Since there is a proposal for "Drive By Waymarking", this should make a nice "companion" category.

Our proposal is to create a Waymarking category which requires that you NOT leave your armchair and the comforts of home. No more rainy days or too hot days or cold of winter, buried in snow or blizzard days. Now you can waymark 24/7/365, right at home.

You can use pictures from any image hosting website, like Photobucket, Flickr, Shutterbug, Facebook, Panoramio, etc. anything goes: if you can find it you can use it in this new category. You can even use other waymarkers' photos. Use any of your own photos and your submission will be declined.

No brain surgery here, no creative thought or ingenuity required. In fact it is so easy, no long description is required and in the brief description all you need is "waymark" or "Here Is" (Not more than two words) Unfortunately, you will have to provide a title, (just [*] works, but do not use the brackets), coordinates (no one cares here if they are correct or not), and country, (just pick one and state or province or whatever is to your liking, just pick any ole one). No one will know the difference and who cares anyway.

Restrictions:

1. NO Google street views and NO drive by waymarks as this is already a proposed category.

2. NO ORIGINAL PHOTOS ALLOWED (those taken by you)

3. You cannot leave home

4. No long description, limit two words in the short description

If it is suspected that you have left home and have actually visited the waymarked location - YOUR WAYMARK WILL BE DENIED.

So I guess you are making a joke out of my idea of Drive-By Waymarking?

Can I be an officer? I would look forward to quickly hitting the 'Approve' button as fast as the submission came into my e-mail box!

Hi thebeav69, Glad you like our proposal. You seem to be so enthusiastic how about we make you leader?

How's that for armchair category creation?

Now I'd like to see you come up with some Visit requirements!!

To "Visit" this Waymark, you must view its page from your armchair and post a Visit log. "TFTW" is sufficient. If you have ever visited a place that remotely matches the Waymark's short description and/or Title and/or Coordinates, please do not mention it in your Visit log or it will be deleted. Only armchair visits are allowed. Naturally that means that the only photos that are allowed are of you sitting in your armchair with your tablet/notebook PC/smart phone or whatever you used when making your Visit log. Photos of the actual location are not permitted.
Edited by MountainWoods
To "Visit" this Waymark, you must view its page from your armchair and post a Visit log. "TFTW" is sufficient. If you have ever visited a place that remotely matches the Waymark's short description and/or Title and/or Coordinates, please do not mention it in your Visit log or it will be deleted. Only armchair visits are allowed. Naturally that means that the only photos that are allowed are of you sitting in your armchair with your tablet/notebook PC/smart phone or whatever you used when making your Visit log. Photos of the actual location are not permitted.

OK - we can probably use these requirements pretty much as is. We might add that, to bolster one's "visits" totals, multiple visits are allowed, spaced at least 1 minute apart, just as are multiple waymarks. If you happened to be watching a ball game or something similar while visiting the waymark, videos or screenshots of the game are encouraged. No need to mention the game, though, if your team lost.

Your visit suggestion is so good that, if The Beav doesn't take the job, can we make you leader? Armchair Category Creation is what we do - not Armchair Category shepherding...

Another thought - possibly we could relax the requirement for actually viewing the waymark. Possibly just randomly typing "TFTW" and hitting return may be sufficient.

Edited by BK-Hunters

I can see the motivation behind the picture requirements; you have to upload the pictures to prove they're not yours. But I am still a bit disappointed. Uploading is so much work. Can't we have that easier?

Well, really now - that's just ridiculous!! No pictures?!?!

We have standards to maintain in this category and we refuse to compromise our principles...

I can see the motivation behind the picture requirements; you have to upload the pictures to prove they're not yours. But I am still a bit disappointed. Uploading is so much work. Can't we have that easier?

We have standards to maintain in this category and we refuse to compromise our principles...

I understand. Maybe we need another category to fill that gap...

Sure - there's an idea - we'll start another category, but then you have to take over as leader. :lol:

First we need a name - "Pseudo-Waymarking" - "Waymarking for the Visually Challenged" - "Lo-Cost Waymarking" - "NO-Cost Waymarking" - "Waymarking for the Genuinely Apathetic" - "Waymarking for those who don't really like to Waymark". Something along those lines.

I agree. Therefore, I propose another new category:

Drive-By Armchair Waymarking

In this category, all you need to do is "drive-by" the Waymark by browsing to the listing page from the comfort of your armchair. By simply visiting the listing page, you will have completed the requirements and can proceed to armchair-log your visit. No pesky leaving-the-house, no uploading of photos (or even taking, for that matter!). Just browse Waymark listings to quickly increase your visit count.

Oh yeah, and you aren't required to say anything in your visit log. It's so easy!

Edited by The A-Team